halibut fishing anyone ?????

H

highsurf

hey all
I was thinking of going out hali fishing soon and was wondering if anybody has been out lately?

Would like to get out, but the monsoon's are still upon us on the west coast. Depending on where your at, I hear there are a few coming in around the Victoria area, but my thoughts would be that it's a little early yet.

Would like to get out, but the monsoon's are still upon us on the west coast. Depending on where your at, I hear there are a few coming in around the Victoria area, but my thoughts would be that it's a little early yet.

hmm.....starting to get that hali itch again but perhap's your right
that it may be too early alright.I live in the victoria area and have
heard of only one report so far.perhaps in a week or two the weather will smarten up and a guy can get out and give it a try :)

heard of only one report so far.perhaps in a week or two the weather will smarten up and a guy can get out and give it a try :)

The time is NOW! The herring usually barely preceed the flatty run to nearshore, and the boyz at Pachena have already been into more than a few. Next week FOR SURE!!

The time is NOW! The herring usually barely preceed the flatty run to nearshore, and the boyz at Pachena have already been into more than a few. Next week FOR SURE!!

Out on Friday, no takers. The tides were sweet though. Maybe constance will heat up soon? There havn't been many guys out even on the weekend with good current and no wind. Still hybranating maybe???

Out on Friday, no takers. The tides were sweet though. Maybe constance will heat up soon? There havn't been many guys out even on the weekend with good current and no wind. Still hybranating maybe???

hey guys im new out here from manitoba.I saw all the boats off sail rock on the 12,i was wondering how hali fishing is off swail rock or mears bluff.I have a buddy coming from whitehorse on the long weekend and promised him halibut,help me please!!!

hey guys im new out here from manitoba.I saw all the boats off sail rock on the 12,i was wondering how hali fishing is off swail rock or mears bluff.I have a buddy coming from whitehorse on the long weekend and promised him halibut,help me please!!!

All the boats you saw off Sail were fishing a salmon derby, but there were a few Hali's taken as well. There are a few good spots off Sail to target Hali's specificaly, as for Swail or Mears, that would be a bit of a shot in the dark.
Good luck on the flatties..
Prowler...

All the boats you saw off Sail were fishing a salmon derby, but there were a few Hali's taken as well. There are a few good spots off Sail to target Hali's specificaly, as for Swail or Mears, that would be a bit of a shot in the dark.
Prowler...

Prowler...

thanks prowler,would there be a few springs arould swail or mears,if its to rough off shore.

Back