hacker has email account now?

B

blueorca

Message to all and the mods...
I just got an email with an attachment from this site on my personal email account.....??????
No, I didn't open it, but what gives, and when it this "Hacked By DeAmoNeRoR" issue going to be resolved?

Sign me , VERY CONCERNED!!!!

boc

Thank you everyone for your email concerns regarding this matter. As moderators, MyEscape and myself simply moderate the content of this forum. The software and all other aspects of the site are managed by the owner(s) of the site. I also hope that a fix is coming soon.

Tight lines

TT

Who are the owners? I want an answer from them instead of hanging around 'hoping' the matter will be cleared up.

So does that mean the hacker has everybody's email that is on this board? Now I'm getting concerned as well.

I'm outaa here until problem is fixed.
Thanks for some good reading.

later boys,mrtrailer. :)

This was brought up on the 26 Aug 08 under the heading HACKED. I suggested that you should have reacted on this back then and now you are starting to lose people from this website. That is really too bad, because the people on this site are a wealth of knowledge and resources and this is a popular site. Hopefully you get this rectified before anymore Sporties jump ship, or before anymore site members recieve HACKED emails from the HACKER and bail out on your site. Perhaps the mods could get the owners to post an informative message regarding this topic and the Hacked incident and the security of all members emails, etc.

Thanks for the reply TT.
I have also forwarded this thread link to SportsfishingBC email address hoping that this will be resolved and reported back to the forum members.
3404 of us need to be assured that this security issue is or will be resolved quickly.

boc

quote:Originally posted by blueorca

...and when it this "Hacked By DeAmoNeRoR" issue going to be resolved?

Sign me , VERY CONCERNED!!!!

Me to Paul. wonderin; and testin I guess.
See ya at BB:D
Nog

yeah, I'd like to know that they are ramping up security of the site - obviously just attacked again. Perhaps its time to look elsewhere for saltwater mainstay? I'm getting pretty tired of the lag, delayed loadings, hacks etc...but this is the best group of saltwater guys bar none. The fishtactics site is ok for saltwater, or perhaps we can convince fishBC to get a saltwater forum if we all head over there - they seem pretty stable.

Beats me...just been really frustrating here all summer!

Sorry, I have been asked by the owner of the killfish site not to comment.

yah...that's mid island country though - its too much clutter to combine I would say....this is mostly south island with a few dabblings elsewhere, but if we combined with killfish, it would be chaos! Unless they are willing to break up the forums into sections (south island, mid island, north island kinda thing??) I'd be game...I'm already a member there, but very little relevance to where I fish, so not there much.

Sorry, I have been asked not to comment about the other site.

Well, I'm just 1 annoyed voice...if more and more were interested in a change (if the site designers aren't aggressive enough in fixing the security issues and lag), then I'd be willing to ask the guys at killfish...

Don't exactly like being 'owned' by HaYaLeT and CRaZy KariZMa!

Theres technical issues here for sure......No reason why fishtactics couldnt be "the site". I met one of the fellows who runs it at the dock a couple years ago, nice guy. I like it because it also has useful reports and derby results but yes its new and needs some more people.

Hello owners/managers of this site. Please take notice that if things don't improve (i.e. faster access time and more site security - no more hackers) this site will lose many members - myself included.:(

I look forward to your prompt response to these valid concerns

Sharp hooks and full traps!

I think with out any response to this forum following problems,ie. slowmotion loading,hackers,it shows that the top brass really don't give a poop what goes on.

mason...no biggee to me...fair enuff if they want to keep things small.

fishtactics...my concern is they are still quite basic - no search feature etc and too many 'forums' for few members.

In all honesty, the smartest thing in my books is going to fishBC and ask for a saltwater forum - they have the search capability...well established...and likely the size to deal with a sudden influx of people. As whole in the water says...if the webmasters here care, they ought to speak up now and tell us what they are doing to remedy the issues...otherwise, we will be gone before you know it.

I too do not really what to leave but the hack on the weekend has me worried.If the site owners are not going to fix this I will be gone.

Back