Gunnel led lights

jeffywestcoast

Was thinking of installing under gunnel lights in my 17' Hourston, anyone recommend any? Would rather spend a little extra to get some that will last..
8ea9cbfa0784e4e1a6d1d31000cd45f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks TF that is one of the products i was looking at, ebay seems to have the best price so far..

I put these lights in a few years ago and also a remote that goes on your key chain. The remotes came 2 to a package so 1 for my truck keys and 1 for the boat keys. Great for turning the lights on in those dark mornings walking down to the boat.

You bet, i saw the Led lights he put in the Sculpin last year, i just need the strips as i do not have a roof yet [emoji12]

Make sure to get the ones with the highest IP rating. I believe it's 68. I bought 6 5m rolls from China for $150 shipped to my door.

I did the same thing with my Zeta, looked really cool! If memory serves there is a guy in east van by the PNE that sells these out of his basement for the same price you can order online. He advertises on Craigslist. Has all the connectors as well.

Trying to figure if it is worth buying a dimmer switch or just wire them to a illuminated toggle.

Just wondering if there would be a real need to dim the lights. Under what circumstances would it be really necessary to dim them. I'm sure there are reasons that I'm just not thinking of right now, but I would think that they would be fine on an illuminated toggle unless they are too bright to begin with. Just my 2 cents.

True.. But the dimmer /on/off switch is only 4$ if i could wire the two strips to one dimmer/on/off switch it might be worth doing.. But i definitely want them both controlled by one switch or dimmerswitch

Check to see if those LEDs can be dimmed, as there are some that cannot dim or need to be connected to special dimmer switch to work properly.
Just mentioning it from some of my experiences, as I had some LEDs that would flash like a strobe when trying to dim them.

Back