Gulf Islands 2013

weasonedog

Starting a new thread for the up coming year, anyone been out for winter spring's or is it a little early

Cheer's
Tony

Haven't been out yet but will be over around Porlier/Active in a couple weeks and will drop a line. Not expecting too much but I haven't really fished the gulf islands in the winter so any advice is welcomed.

my buddy was out at porlier pass maybe 5 days ago and caught 6 pritty nice winter chinoks
not sure wat he was using and how deep but know we no there out there

Good to hear there are some winter springs around porlier. I'll be fishing around galiano in a couple days and will report if I hook into anything. anyone else been out lately in that area?

my buddy was out at porlier pass maybe 5 days ago and caught 6 pritty nice winter chinoks
not sure wat he was using and how deep but know we no there out there

What size?

Fished east side of Galiano for a couple hrs yesterday and hooked one 8 lber that I bonked. That was the only bite I got other than a few ling and rockfish as I was keeping close to bottom. Hooked the spring on a flasher hoochie. Crabbing has been good and gonna set some prawn traps today

Last year I had some amazing fishing around christmas and new years around porlier area. Anyone planning any trips in the area soon?

I will be over at galiano over new years for 3 days and will most likely make at least one trip up to porlier. Will also probably fish Salamanca one day. Would appreciate any recent reports from either area... even though I'll be heading out regardless :)

Fished around Salamanca Pt Galiano Island yesterday afternoon for a couple hrs and picked up a nice 10lber right at low slack on a glow coho killer dragging bottom. One other boat out there said they boated 2 around same size.

Nice one 44! Those winter spring sure are good eating. I'll be out there in the next week at some point so hopefully there are some around. You tried bait or mostly sticking with hardware? .

Fished around Salamanca Pt Galiano Island yesterday afternoon for a couple hrs and picked up a nice 10lber right at low slack on a glow coho killer dragging bottom. One other boat out there said they boated 2 around same size.

We were out on Saturday and picked up 1 winter spring around the 8-10lbs range and saw another net out as well. Green glow hootchie purple haze
flasher on the bottom.

Nice one 44! Those winter spring sure are good eating. I'll be out there in the next week at some point so hopefully there are some around. You tried bait or mostly sticking with hardware? .

Damn tasty! Just ran hardware but would have thrown down a chovy had I had any salted. I didnt get your last PM as my mailbox was full. Give me a shout when your heading out again.

also where abouts are you guys fishing im new to fishing around here and for my setupo i have a 2010 ssv double rivited lund boat with 25hp efi merc and a kicker. please fill me in for the locations im heading out this weekend? thanks

Back