Green dye running from braid

Fisherman Rob

I was given a new reel pre-loaded with braided line. I do not know what brand of braid it is, but I've found that the green dye runs from it when fishing. I end up with green dye on my fingers and hands when fishing it. Is this normal?

I was given a new reel pre-loaded with braided line....I've found that the green dye runs from it when fishing. ...Is this normal?
With the cheapest kind of Chinese made Spectra Yes.

I'm told you can dip the line in Acetone and it'll turn more or less white/not harm the line but I've never done it.

most are dyed and go back to grey or white

just the way it is use it more.....lol
my cheap stuff comes out on the wet rag when i load mine ......

but 1500 m for $ 30 does me and i get to load up at least six reels

I bought some purple stuff that was 50% off that has yet to bleed at all......unfortunately it was repackaged stuff and I have zero clue what it is. Glad I bought lots!

I was given a new reel pre-loaded with braided line. I do not know what brand of braid it is, but I've found that the green dye runs from it when fishing. I end up with green dye on my fingers and hands when fishing it. Is this normal?
As wild thing mentioned its natural colour is white and its almost impossible to dye spectra permanently.
Cheap china stuff is a lot worse than better brand name lines but it will all bleed

I only use white braid (usually hollow) for 2 reasons,
I hate the bleed and
The dyes interfere with the bonding in my splices

most are dyed and go back to grey or white

just the way it is use it more.....lol
my cheap stuff comes out on the wet rag when i load mine ......

but 1500 m for $ 30 does me and i get to load up at least six reels
Wild thing what kind of braid do you use that costs $30 for 1500m? I would be really interested to hear what that is. Most braid I can find is way more money than that.

I have mainly used Western Filament braid - made in the USA, without any noticeable bleeding occurring. I would bet most f the cheaper braid from China is the product with the bleeding issues.
Stosh

Back