good batter for fish and chips?

The best recipe is self rising cake flour, beer and salt. That's it. Fry at 375 until brown. I eyeball everything and make it runny enough that you can still see the fish behind the batter. Almost like a heavy cream consistency. Enjoy! :D

The best recipe is self rising cake flour, beer and salt. That's it. Fry at 375 until brown. I eyeball everything and make it runny enough that you can still see the fish behind the batter. Almost like a heavy cream consistency. Enjoy! :D

I use the same flour works great , froth 2 egg whites and fold into wet mix holy crispy , oh pour beer from 2' creates a lot of foam, the most important
thing out of the whole batter recipe is i found putting the batter in the fridge for 2 hours the shock from cold batter to hot oil you get pockets of air which are the crunchy parts ,will
do up some hali soon and post recipe and a youtube crispy test .

Last edited:
I use the same flour works great , froth 2 egg whites and fold into wet mix holy crispy , oh pour beer from 2' creates a lot of foam, the most important
thing out of the whole batter recipe is i found putting the batter in the fridge for 2 hours the shock from cold batter to hot oil you get pockets of air which are the crunchy parts ,will
do up some hali soon and post recipe and a youtube crispy test .
Yup, defintely ice cold does wonders. Didn't know we were revealing ALL of our secrets though. ;)

Back