Golden Ears road and park open?

Capilano

Anyone know if Golden Ears road and park is now open? The provincial park website has not been updated in a month. If it is open, would not mind getting out on Alouette lake tomorrow.

Anyone know if Golden Ears road and park is now open? The provincial park website has not been updated in a month. If it is open, would not mind getting out on Alouette lake tomorrow.

I have heard it's open but not been up to check.

Temps were 46- 48 last week, and there were some starting to be seen on the surface. When the temps get to 50, its go time on near surface action.

Then when gets into the mid-50's they will be head back to the Thermocline. Too bad the forecast looks cold for another week. Highs under 10C and lows near freezing. That won't help. Looks like some sun and warmer weather for the last weekend of the month.

I will likely head out then, on the 31st or 1st of April.

Kawkawa warms up faster and is worth a shot now though.

I plan to try and get next week to Alouette if the weather improves. I have fished Kawkawa a lot but try and stay away from there on weekends now as the boat launch can be a gong show nightmare. Also the price of gas is getting up there and having a V-8 truck is getting expensive to run out to Hope and back for a day of fishing, whereas Alouette is much closer and conversely cheaper on the gas.

Back