Go ahead boys-- drooling is allowed!

Cuba Libre

:D
Got a good look at this make when I was in NZ-- great finishing!

http://www.aluminumalloyboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=506

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Nice piece. I did some research last summer, you can buy those (similar type) boats in kit form in Australia for about 25 grand Canadian. Global Marine Design in Australia. Its huge down there. Dan

That 660 was 120-140k new zealand dollars...
how does that equate to canadian ??

I figger approx 100k us dollars

They had those aluminum setups from australia at the boat place in departure bay. Dirtdog guided out of one. Forget the name of them? something craft. Nice setups aswell!

The boat your thinking of is a Stabi Craft and they sell them in Chillawack B.C at Venture River Boats. I took a look at them there alot of money. There are alittle different because they are a fully welded pontoon style and they are pretty much a welded Zodiac and can take big surf.

I'd really like someone to explain how a warranty works from 'down under'[:eek:)]125Gs....i'm just wonderin?.... Go to a local,reputable tradesman with your idea/pics(search in upper rh corner). Ask what his warranty is when it splits after hitting something at 25 knts and you have a heart moving incident just to get it onto a trailer. He or She? should be able to answer some of the questions to arrive at the 'boat of your dreams'. Go and look and ride in some and do what suits you! But be Careful!!:)
Ps NZ eh

quote:Originally posted by kelly

They had those aluminum setups from australia at the boat place in departure bay. Dirtdog guided out of one. Forget the name of them? something craft. Nice setups aswell!

The boats are called Trailcraft and the dealers name is Skippers Marine Center.Nice looking boats.
Dave

I do not know about New Zealand but in Austrailia to weld aluminium you are required to pass a proficiency test and given a ticket similar to B pressure. In north america you are called an aluminum welder if you can hold the welding gun and burn wire. I have talked to boat manufacturers and many say that they would prefer to take a person off the street and train them to weld the way they want them to. If you look at this from their level it is understandable as this is a business decision. This could affect the quality of the boat you buy, not to an extent that you are buying crap but you will get a lesser quality. This info affected the way I decided who was building my boat. Being I had a bit more cash than the average buyer permitted me to be more selective, the little I saw of the welds on this particular boat seem to be of a higher quality. There did not seem to be any grinding of welds which is an obvious way of hiding defects.Not trying to be a knowitall but I am a welder by trade and understand the process of producing a fine aluminum boat.[8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

Back