Glasply for sale info needed

coholips

Here's a nice little Glasply for sale south of the border. Any info on these boats would be much appreciated. For the price would it be worth doing an outboard conversion? It comes with a 1994 Volvo i/o with only 74 hours but I have no experience with i/o' so any input would be much appreciated. The seller says the boat is in excellent condition with no soft spots etc, the usual stuff. Thanks in advance for any information.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/boa/1564154307.html

Nice rig, the volvo outdrives seem to hold up my dad had a couple boats with the 280 drive and they seemed bullet proof, with low hours like that I would want to make sre the risers and manifolds are good. Probly be a good runner for the season and then do a pod conversion next winter if you want. I do not know much about glassply boats.

Glasply are good boats. I don't like i/o's as the legs can frequently breakdown. I would go with a pod and an outboard - more reliable power, less weight/better fuel economy, better seakeeping and more useable space in the cockpit.

If you do go with an i/o make sure it has fresh water cooling or you'll be into cooling and rust problems. That's my 2 bits.

Long live wild salmon!!!

check out glasply.net
all the info you'd need on a great built boat(i've owned two}
and often there's links to boats for sale

a total MILF.Man I Love Fishing

I have a 19 foot glassply hardtop with a 150 Yamaha 2 stoke. I absolutely love this boat. Its heavy and beamy and fishes like crazy. Hulll is 30 years old and shows no signs of distress. The only reason why I would get rid of it is to buy a bigger one.

Back