genetically-engineered-salmon-to-your-dinner-plate

If this takes off it will spell the end to open net fish farms.

If this takes off it will spell the end to open net fish farms.
Absolutely, if people will accept them. Personally I think there are too many misinformed people who will not buy in, including the FN band against this techology but also against open net pens. Sorry folks, there are not enough wild salmon to meet demand, never will be, so you have these 2 options.

Absolutely, if people will accept them. Personally I think there are too many misinformed people who will not buy in, including the FN band against this techology but also against open net pens. Sorry folks, there are not enough wild salmon to meet demand, never will be, so you have these 2 options.

The market is in the US next to large cities and I think this is where they will be grown. Most people don't even know that they eat GM corn every single meal so it's not a stretch that this could take off.

I hope it does.

The best thing we could see to protect wild salmon would be to see their market price go down.

Hopefully large scale on land fist farms take over. Salmon that grow fast will help make land fish farms more profitable.

Back