Gator Grip Safety Tape

bloodbath

My fiberglass back deck`s "bubbly" surface is now worn right down. When it gets wet it is a safety hazard as it gets quite slippery.

Size is 72 inches by 55 inches.

Walmart offers a 15 foot roll of 6 inch wide Gator Grip safety tape.

Just curious if anyone out there has used this product or could recommend another?

Thanks

If you don't want to have to take mats out and hose them down after each trip. Get a fiberglass marine paint and add silica (Commercial grade sand basically) to the paint for a non skid surface. It's a bit more prep work but messing with mats is a real pain in my opinion. A quick wipe with a cloth and it is clean, not like mats that trap blood and slime and smell nasty quickly if not cleaned immediately. Especially if you are moored regularly or while you are on a trip. Mats are more of a pain than they're worth if especially if you moor. Thick rubber mats are actually quite heavy as well and can add a lot of additional weight that is unnecessary. I've only done that on one boat in the past but it worked quite well and held up nicely during the time I owned that boat.

Awlgrip anti slip. I haven't done it yet but have been looking to redo the back deck on my boat. I'm torn between awlgrip or buying a mold of the stock pattern and regel coating over the original.
There are a few good vids from boatworks that explains the process.

Back