Funny Boat Names

Sushihunter

Just came across this one:

epic-fail-boat-name-fail.jpg

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

A good buddy of mine had a funny thing he threw on his boat that we used to fish all the time. Boats that are members of Yacht Clubs always have the intials of their club underneath the boat name on the stern. RVYC - Royal Vancouver Yacht Club etc etc.

Well we threw on the back of the boat under the name of the boat....

MOFYC

My Own F***in Yacht Club. It was always funny when people asked us what it stood for. [:p]

my rides getting... 'but Pirate

In reference to first photo, not a boat name, but some material to work with maybe: there was a Victoria 1970s punk band called "The Salty Seamen" who had a song CUFA...chorus "CUFA CUFA CUFA CUFA CUFA" (say it fast)

A criminal defense lawyer friend named his boat "Crime Pays"

A local nod...I think "Fog Ducker" is pretty good.

With some of the crazier boat names, I like to think of the embarassing VHF conversation on a pan-pan call...

:D

quote:Originally posted by juandesooka

There used to be a nice Hatteras at Richmond Marina. The guy who owned it was the owner of Scott Security Systems. You may have seen their decals on the doors of businesses around Vancouver.

He renamed the boat "Crime Pays".

When I was a kid, I worked with him and a neighbor of mine to rebuild a boat called Virgo that sank in Ganges Harbor. Scott did the wiring and it was a thing of beauty. Wish I had photos of it.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter

quote:Originally posted by juandesooka

There used to be a nice Hatteras at Richmond Marina. The guy who owned it was the owner of Scott Security Systems. You may have seen their decals on the doors of businesses around Vancouver.

He renamed the boat "Crime Pays".

When I was a kid, I worked with him and a neighbor of mine to rebuild a boat called Virgo that sank in Ganges Harbor. Scott did the wiring and it was a thing of beauty. Wish I had photos of it.

Small world i work for scott in the summer and fish with him aswell. He has a 30 foot pursuit CC now thats called crime pays out of schooner.

When I published Canadian Yachting and Pacific Yachting (that was back in the mid 80's) we had a really good freelancer. His boat was a 42' sloop (which he lived on) and he named it "On Assignment" so if anyone bothered him he could say "Sorry, can't come, can't do that, I'm on assignment."

Sorry for jumping in again but I remember a big sucker at Queen's Quay in Toronto. The name said it all - "Was His"

Suzy Salmon Hole> One fishy boat.:D

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Crowd pleaser
P8010259.jpg

I've seen your boat - Fishing near Ferrer Point/Nootka Island.

A few years back, I had a hot shot lawyer from Las Vegas out and had been entertaining him with every lawyer joke I knew.

I saw your boat passing and said to him "I'm sure theres a lawyer joke there somewhere, but I'm not sure what it is."

He said "I was hoping you hadn't seen that." [:p]

So... how did you come up with the name?

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

As a few here already know, my little whaler wears a title.
Quite a few show some reluctance to call me when out on The Pond, not quite sure why? They usually get around to it when I simply refuse to answer to anything but the boat's name (regardless if that makes me something of a Dick) ;)

Had a Buddy design a Logo for the boat, but The Missuz said if it goes on the rig, it can't sit in the driveway anymore, Can't for the life of me understand why??

Have a boo, and let me know what you think:

Mobeez_Dick_1.jpg

Got the airbrush ready. Wondering if anybody might have a parking spot for rent on the cheap, reasonably close to my shack in Port?? :D

Cheers,
Nog

Back