Fugly-2 -Less Fugly-The rebirth of a Legend...

I like where your going with this dmurph :). I was talking to Jeff about a new soft top with an arch over it but this opens up new possibilities for sure that might be cheaper in the end.

Chris 73 boat( red hot boat) had this and it was totally awesome.... You just set that roof on, and then put clear vinyl windows... It works out awesome, and you get way better visibility than just a canvas roof...

Not much progress today,soldered the end on my vhf antenna was going to mount when i realized I need a hole saw to buzz a hole up to the top of my dash to let VHf , GPS and Sonar cables pass thru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

make sure ya run the whole saw backwards at first!! and tape !!!

Probably one inch or so, gotta fit lowrance cables thru , going to have to drill from the bottom

Thanks man, i bought a cheap set ,didn't get that far yet, spent the afternoon wrestling with the deeplines....
1a49c6c5ea77b59d048f31bd62903321.jpg
,my custom fabricated kicker bracket is getting picked up in the morning ...hopefully able to get er on there tomorrow...

Dont be leaving those riggers on overnight outside ....... they find a way to walk away damn it.

Nice work on your Craft. Good luck to you.

Dont be leaving those riggers on overnight outside ....... they find a way to walk away damn it.

Nice work on your Craft. Good luck to you.

I hear ya high tide.. Was just checkin the fit of them, slowly coming together... Hopefully this puppy will be kicking along soon...

Hey Jeffy.
lose those scotty snubbers and tie on some tuna cord with a couple ball snaps on the ends.
no lost balls due to misplaced stops or stretched out snubbers

Those snubbers are great, Never had a problem with them. I do however put them on the end of about 8' of tuna cord so your clips have something solid to clip onto and your swivel ends up being your autostop that will never move or fall off.

Call me crazy but i swear i get more hits with my cannonballs on snubbers, i switched my tuna cord out to go back to the snubbers,i double up the stopper beads and never have a problem...doughefisher I saw that little JRC radar , cool little unit for sure but I need a new gps,fishfinder first...,down the road a i may look at it but a new black soft-top sounds good, then maybe i can enlist the services of "the alloy Ninja" small arch with rocket launchers ,net holder then maybe look at something like that, honestly... Never needed a radar in front of Nanaimo...or tuna outriggers...

No I get it. I was always able to get out. as long as you can see Hudson rocks as you leave the bay you can get out to the fingers to fish.

A Great Big Thank-you too DSS for donating this custom made powder-coated Aluminum stand off bracket for my new Pro-kicker to mount too... Pretty stoked to get it on there
448cb21727794105dbe81e1e078770c3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me crazy but i swear i get more hits with my cannonballs on snubbers, i switched my tuna cord out to go back to the snubbers,i double up the stopper beads and never have a problem

Works for me too , I clip off to the snubber
never slips.
Good work on Fugly 2

Back