Fugly-2 -Less Fugly-The rebirth of a Legend...

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by jeffywestcoast, Feb 19, 2015.

1. jeffywestcoast

jeffywestcoast Well-Known Member

Okay not really, but i will keep tabs on my progress and this is a great way to keep track of the madness.. Picked the boat up yesterday in Mapleridge, look forward to tinkering with until it is the fishin machine [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I gave the boat a dam good scrubbing and removed 75% of rub stains using a short soak of FSR boat came out clean and will getting some more goodies tomorrow[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] i was actually surprised how good of shape the hull is in stay tuned...
    It is amazing what a little elbow grease and some hyseas boat soap will do[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
  2. albernifisher

albernifisher Well-Known Member

If you take that kicker bracket off you might have enough room to put your kicker right on the transom.

3. jeffywestcoast

It is deceiving from the picture, plus opted to get the tiller handle, bracket is coming off for sure, not going to trust the new one on there... I have solid mount coming ,

4. buzzbomb

buzzbomb Member

Looks like a proper slab slayer, keep the pics coming.

5. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

I probably have few chipped props you can have Jeff just as spares there from my envinrude same vintage... That motor cowling looks like my 89 VRO I had... You look like you have the manual tilt one as well... If you get some extra cash if you put a roof on it look like different boat.....

Your boat would look sweet with an oversize canvas on it.. I paid 1600-1700 for the entire thing, poles, slope back, and it came with an additional drop down curtain... P4182598.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
  6. jeffywestcoast

Ya man , that canvas looks great,couple small rips in my softop but it will do for now.

7. Fisherman Rob

Fisherman Rob Well-Known Member

Looks like you could get a few inches more head room under the existing canopy by moving the center support up the rail a bit? Although if you have side windows it would impact the fit.

8. Fish Assassin

Fish Assassin Active Member

Jeffy I'll be in Nanaimo later this morning to get some welding done :) I'll bring your squids with me so you can get fishing. I'll grab my flasher from you while I am there. PM me your address.

9. trendsetter

trendsetter Active Member

Looks great Jeff, man that cleaner works awesome.

10. Fish Assassin

Fish Assassin Active Member

Jeffy, I didnt forget....... I packed that Juggy and CJ for you in the truck. You'll be ready to rock.

11. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

Nice your boats in great shape.... Funny I had same white top on mine as well... Here is a pic before I started fixing it up... My awesome white top....!

100_0076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
  12. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

Hey Jeffy doesn't your boat have to catch fish to be a "Legend" LOL :confused: :rolleyes:;):p

13. jeffywestcoast

fugly was a great boat...sorry reachin a bit for the tittle on that one

14. jeffywestcoast

Quick little shop this morning for some day two goodies[​IMG]still need to get some wiring gromets tomorrow but the new submersibles are done and tomorrow i will continue with wiring in a terminal block under the dash and start with wiring in the New Icom VHF & Antenna, and a new rear pole light...[​IMG][​IMG]

15. jeffywestcoast

What ever Gps/sounder i go with i will be able to link with the NMEA 0183 to the lCOM vhf... [​IMG]

16. Sculpin

Sculpin Well-Known Member

Looking good Jeff :). Nice additions for sure.

17. Sculpin

Sculpin Well-Known Member

It was good bs'ing with you today Jeff :cool:. She's a solid girl for sure. Thanks for letting me check her out. You did well my friend. I really like all the mod's your doing :). She'll be in ship shape and fishing reel soon.....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  18. jeffywestcoast

Thanks man , just picked up a few more wiring supplies tonight and should be tackling the madness tomorrow...[​IMG]

19. bigbruce

bigbruce Well-Known Member

Is that wire tinned? I picked up some PICO wire at Lordco and the label specifically said "boat wire". It's quite a bit more expensive.

20. jeffywestcoast

I picked up 25' of red n yelllow #8 tinned they were out of black in # 8, all my battery cable is also tinned wire.. Does 100% of the wire have to be tinned? I i figged 14 gauge would be good enough for anything with not much of a load,both my deeplines have pre-made harnesses with tinned wire also...lots to go in yet.. [​IMG]