For Sale - 2802 Trophy with 300 HP Verados

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted Forum' started by BigHog, Oct 21, 2017.

1. BigHog

BigHog Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    hippaisland and BigBird007 like this.
  2. BigHog

BigHog Member

bump ....

3. BigHog

BigHog Member

Price drop. Call John if interested . 604-617-4253

4. kaelc

kaelc Well-Known Member

Must fly with all that HP! How many people does it sleep?

5. trophywife

trophywife Well-Known Member

if you are thinking this way kaelc, a removable canvas system with tent poles and hammocks is a great rear deck option.. had my kingfisher set up like that when i got it. so nice sleeping outside.

bigdogeh and kaelc like this.
  6. Hookin'up

Hookin'up Well-Known Member

are you pulling the plug on the Biz too John or just changing up boats?

7. dmurph

dmurph Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they have 2 double beds in them one in the v berth and one under the helm area. I ve fished beside this boat lots, one of the more respected charter boats around Vancouver. Would be a epic set up with all that new power for some of the long hauls you wanna do Kaelc.

8. bigdogeh

bigdogeh Well-Known Member

That's something I wouldn't mind doing eventually. I love sleeping on the back deck on my cot. Usually do it under the stars but can wake up a bit wet at times... hehe. Often we'll put up a makeshift tarp, but that doesn't always keep the rain or dew out... Would be nice to have something a bit more professional.

9. BigHog

BigHog Member

Runs great with the new power. Nice cruise about 30 mph with 4 or 5 on board. Top end is over 50!

10. BigHog

BigHog Member

Yes John and I have been is the business for over 20 years and it's time to move on. I'm helping John market the boat ......

11. bigdogeh

bigdogeh Well-Known Member

That could get you into rivers inlet in a hurry...
    or out to the banks or tuna water...

saanauk and trophywife like this.
  12. BigHog

BigHog Member

10 hours from Van at that speed to Rivers ......

13. noluck

noluck Active Member

i could not imagine the fuel bill though

14. BigHog

BigHog Member

The Verado's burn about 11 GPH each at 30 mph. They are thirsty for sure but you get a couple of buds to share the cost and you have a sweet ride for Rivers ....

fishin_magician likes this.
  15. BigHog

BigHog Member

bump for a great boat ......

Looking for offers

16. vanisland

vanisland Member

How do you find the rough water handling of these boats in the straight? I know a few lodges on the westcoast that run them in good numbers so they obviously preform well offshore. But wondering how they handle in the straight with the steep and close chop?

17. BigHog

BigHog Member

This boat weighs it at close to 9500 pounds so it has some decent weight to handle the short steep chop that we have. The boat runs real nice at about 20 knots in up to about 3 feet head sea and more speed going with it. The high sides direct any spray well away from the boat. There is a reason those lodges use these boats and this is just one of them. These are very safe boats with very high sides (free board) making it a great boat for the little ones....

18. BigHog

BigHog Member

updated pictures online ....