Fixed Kicker Bracket?????

vetteman

I'm going to mount a kicker on the transom of my boat beside the main motor.However,for things to work right with my longshaft motor I'm going to need to mount a pad on the transom to get the correct mounting height.
The pads I can by from the local boat shop are pre drilled but the holes will not work with my boat and the design of the pad will not really allow me to drill other holes in it.
I suppose the answer is to build my own pad which shouldn't be too hard.Then I can have exactly what I need.My question is,what would you suggest as a material to build it out of and where would you find it?
Dave/Nanaimo

On the 17 1/2 ft Hourston that I previously owned, I took the hard plastic plate off an adjustable kicker bracket and bolted it in the inside of the transom well. It worked great.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I found a product at the Plastics Shop.Can't remember the name,MWWX or something like that.It cost $78.00 taxes in for a piece 12" x 12" x2".I was able to make exactly what I wanted.It's heavy and it was a bear to work with.I used the power hacksaw that we have at work which can be converted to an upright band saw and it was still a chore even with that.However,it's done and mounted on the boat now.
Dave

Go to the dollar store (some are stores have them and some don't) buy a UHMW cutting board(about $1.25). Use as a spacer. Done it and works fine. Thin/flexible cutting boards work well as gaskets too.
If you need custom piece, look for Northern Plastics in Salmon Arm, BC. They manufacture all kinds of UHMW products.
UHMW= ultra high molecular weight.

Back