Fishing Vancouver Area Improving (pic)

Dogbreath

Been out I think 5 times in 8 days fishing the Vancouver harbour/West Van shoreline.

Averaging a decent sized fish a day which is high for this place and better than some places up north(!)

Pic is of a typical Spring caught right @ tide change this afternoon, taken on a trolled Anchovy in a Purple Haze teaser head/Purple Haze flasher, long leader about 30' down.

Fish was fat as a hog been feeding heavy although his stomach was empty when I cleaned him, lost my new fillet knife doing so :(

Also picked up an average sized Coho that fought like a tiger, trolled on the same combo right on the bottom @ Ambleside.

fishing2007004.jpg

I was fooled too thought for sure it was a White but it was Red.

Earlier in the week we caught one that was pale Peach coloured flesh-would you call that a Marble?

A marble has orange and white mottled flesh
kind of like a patchwork quilt.
have caught a few, kinda weird looking.

Looks like a beauty! How long are your leaders? I am headin' out Sunday weather permitting. I have only been out two times this summer and only got shakers so your report is inspiring. I will keep an eye out for ya "Red inflatable" can't be to many out there. Give me a wave I have a 18-Outrage Boston Whaler.Good luck to all ...... We know it's all skill right?

Nice fish Dogbreath.

I recognize that boat....;)

At least you guys are making up for the biggie that Jason and I lost a couple weeks ago.

Things are lookin pretty fair!

Thanks for the pic's guyz.

quote:Originally posted by cruncutty

Where to most people launch their boats from in Vancouver

Depends on where you're fishing.

If you're fishing off the mouth of the Fraser/Pt. Grey area/T10 and you live in Richmond the best place is MacDonald Beach in Richmond. If you want more options, you can launch out of Vanier Park in Kitsilano...that way you can do all of the above but if it's not on elsewhere..then you can do West Vancouver as well.

Fishing is improving. I know of several springs caught this weekend, and there were a few more lost.

I knew I shoulda gone out last night!!!! !!!!!! DOH! :(

Well it was another day in Vancouver today. Played over in the West Van Area today and fished hard all day. Finally managed to get a big hog on the rod and it was a dud all the way to the boat, the bloody thing did not put up a fight all the way to the boat it had a couple of pulls away as it saw the net coming closer until my new fishing partner who has never landed a salmon boped it in the snout with the next----say bye, it was at least a mid 30's and faaaaaat....ahhhhhhh

hope to see it monday
[8D]

No joy for us this afternoon out @ the Bell Bouy.

No Seals though and we did see 2 small Dall's Porpoises, travelling very low in the water, they were there first ones I've seen on this side in many a year.

With the relatively minimal tide changes in the afternoons, is that likely to impact the fishing in a good way? It would seem that it would be like one really long high slack with very little tide current. Maybe worth getting out for some evening fishing.

Paul

For some reason that minimal tide movement doesn't translate into any significant kind of bite around here.

We struck out again yesterday water was flat oily and not fishy at all.

Saw the Porpoises again though.

F.M. Do you have to rub it in? You're going to have to pay for my therapy. I have a case of fish envy.

Back