Fishing info on Shawnigan Lk and LK Windermere

A

argo

Hey all! My first posting on an obviously great site. My girlfriend and I will be visiting family in April. We'll be starting at my moms in Shawnigan Lk. In the past I've fished Mill Bay and had some good times, but I'm wondering if Shawnigan Lk is open and how the fishing is? Can you fish from shore?
We will then be heading to Lake Windermere in Invermere is it open then. I know from our trip there last August that there is some nice Largemouth, but I'm wondering about Kokanee? Other than drinking many I've never fished for them and need some advice. If its open and they're in Windermere will they take spinners? Any advice on Rockies in streams would be great as well since we'll be finishing our trip in Calgary. This easterner would appreciate some western hospitality. Thanks!! Argo

I lived at Shawnigan for a number of years. the fishing can be great at times but it is heavily fished. pretty well all of the shoreline is private but there is some good action off the government wharf at times, and there are some docks around the gas dock which can also be good in the spring when the trout come in to the shallows. great chironimid fishing. the lake is very deep in places and has kokanie as well as some right big bass and the odd perch. the trout tend to be deep but there are some good ones in there.

I lived at Shawnigan for a number of years. the fishing can be great at times but it is heavily fished. pretty well all of the shoreline is private but there is some good action off the government wharf at times, and there are some docks around the gas dock which can also be good in the spring when the trout come in to the shallows. great chironimid fishing. the lake is very deep in places and has kokanie as well as some right big bass and the odd perch. the trout tend to be deep but there are some good ones in there.

I dont think you will find much around wind that time of year it may still be frozen. I fish there a little later in the year like mid to end of may. The bow in calgary could be a good bet that time of year depending on the weather. I also think that most of the lake around there a closed till the 1st or 15 of may. Check your reg's.

HAHAHAHA

I dont think you will find much around wind that time of year it may still be frozen. I fish there a little later in the year like mid to end of may. The bow in calgary could be a good bet that time of year depending on the weather. I also think that most of the lake around there a closed till the 1st or 15 of may. Check your reg's.

HAHAHAHA

Hey HAHAHAHA, Thats got a funny ring to it. Have you ever fished on the right side of the bridge when going into town. Sorry I don't know my directions in that area. Looks to be some really nice Largemouth territory.Was out in August and caught some good smaller sized Largemouth. Didn't bring the proper tackle as I didn't even know there was Largemouth there. I was told that there was Smallmouth. What exactly is in this Lake. My girlfriends family has had cabins on this lake for years but don't fish. Also caught a wack of Squaw Fish. Thanks Argo

Hey HAHAHAHA, Thats got a funny ring to it. Have you ever fished on the right side of the bridge when going into town. Sorry I don't know my directions in that area. Looks to be some really nice Largemouth territory.Was out in August and caught some good smaller sized Largemouth. Didn't bring the proper tackle as I didn't even know there was Largemouth there. I was told that there was Smallmouth. What exactly is in this Lake. My girlfriends family has had cabins on this lake for years but don't fish. Also caught a wack of Squaw Fish. Thanks Argo

Back