Fishery charges

That one at the top of the list is a hell of a good sign!

Mind you....their names appear a few times on the list.

Looks like a bit of a family clamming outing didn't finish too well on July 7th. ;)

A lot of the same ethnicity!!!! The fines for these people who are obviously involved in the black market are nothing but a slap on the wrist. The amount they are making more than covers the fine!!!!!

Sadly, there's so little chance of getting caught that it's turned into a big money business with black market shellfish sales.

A lot of the same ethnicity!!!! The fines for these people who are obviously involved in the black market are nothing but a slap on the wrist. The amount they are making more than covers the fine!!!!!
ever see them " grid " a beach? Sectioning off the beach using rope and twine in a grid pattern to make sure not one clam escapes. Never seen that before.

Is that the same Simon Kelly that owns Rivers Inlet Sportsmans club? Or different? ....a lot of the same names there for wockfish and lingcod....plus shellfish

ever see them " grid " a beach? Sectioning off the beach using rope and twine in a grid pattern to make sure not one clam escapes. Never seen that before.
Nothing new though RB. I saw the same thing on Quadra 30 years ago. Sell everything that was legal, eat everything that wasn't.

Nothing new though RB. I saw the same thing on Quadra 30 years ago. Sell everything that was legal, eat everything that wasn't.

i watched a whack of natives chase off some imports in drew harbour/ rebecca spit in the 80's... no coppers on the island back then.. got kinda exciting for a 12 yr old! i got in on it! lol

We had fisheries C.O. approach us while clam digging today.
a quick check of license's was all she wanted.
watched them speak to a few others and fully expected a road check but
they had moved on.

Last edited:
Back