Fish Farm trouble in BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it!!

Why do the Feds think it is so important to have these farms in such prestine waters, any waters for that matter, and we all stand by and watch them ruin our ecosystem??!! Or the ones that are trying to do something about it get shut done and even blackballed by the feds..

Totally criminal and absolutely disgusting!!

I don't get it!!

Why do the Feds think it is so important to have these farms in such prestine waters, any waters for that matter, and we all stand by and watch them ruin our ecosystem??!! Or the ones that are trying to do something about it get shut done and even blackballed by the feds..

Totally criminal and absolutely disgusting!!
$$$$

It was very well done. After watching it, it blows my mind that anyone can still justify this horrible industry. To think someone can actually say with a straight face (Ian Roberts) that they believe the farms pose zero risk, is a total joke. Even his bossholes in Norway recognize there is an impact....poor guy though, he's paid to keep the rhetoric going.

I was shocked to hear our provincial scientist side with the fish farms and take their word over Kristy Miller and DFO's findings of HSMI and it's impact. I thought it was just Federal that studied the impacts and province only issued leases. I have written the Premier and Weaver as it now seems its the province that's really supporting fish farming as their scientist even stated he'd support an expansion.

Would be interesting how much our provincial scientist gets paid for "consulting" from marine harvest and others. I am sure there is conflict of interest here. I thought provincial labs had to be independent, apparently we are letting the wolves watch the henhouse.

I was shocked to hear our provincial scientist side with the fish farms and take their word over Kristy Miller and DFO's findings of HSMI and it's impact. I thought it was just Federal that studied the impacts and province only issued leases. I have written the Premier and Weaver as it now seems its the province that's really supporting fish farming as their scientist even stated he'd support an expansion.
Would be interesting how much our provincial scientist gets paid for "consulting" from marine harvest and others. I am sure there is conflict of interest here. I thought provincial labs had to be independent, apparently we are letting the wolves watch the henhouse.
Gary Marty is well known for hiding critical information - and lets face it - w/o a farm industry - his job would not exist. Other posts on Marty's alleged collusion posted at:
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...es-thread-conspiracy.52471/page-3#post-653450
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...-risk-to-wild-salmon.52571/page-6#post-654665
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...pposing-salmon-farms.61340/page-3#post-773311

Critique of the Document “Information Regarding Concerns about Farmed Salmon --‐ Wild Salmon Interactions” Presented to the Provincial Government of British Columbia by Gary Marty, D.V.M., Ph.D., Diplomate, A.C.V.P. of the British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Health Centre, Abbotsford.
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...pposing-salmon-farms.61340/page-3#post-773305

Last edited:
I have it pvr'd and am looking forward to watching it tonight.
It's good to see it has some members of this forum pee'd off about what's happening in our once pristine waters. Hopefully more of the general population will become more knowledgeable on the subject and denounce what's happening also. Public opinion can help sway the government to do the right thing and not be blinded by corporate dollars and their own self interests. The government has been ignoring the science we've been going backwards and destroying our wild salmon and the creatures that depend on them for many years.

Can someone please answer me this..not with rhetoric but with facts

Why is an "american" biologist? arguing against fish farms in BC CDN waters and not her very own country that is doing the same Type of farming??
PLUS her own countries salmon ranching to the tune of BILLIONS of fish raised in nets every year,treated the same way and fed the same pellets for half their lives then released to then be caught a few yrs later and labled WILD?

To me she has no credibility till she stands up and fights in her own back yard in her own country

Rage on...

I don't think it is about Alex Morton at all, SF - or it shouldn't be

Whatever she does or doesn't - it is irrelevant to me - because there are serious, unaddressed issues wrt the impacts of the open net-pen industry that many others are also concerned about. Her personality is a "red herring" - as far as I am concerned...

Last edited:
The one to me with no credibility is the BC biologist Gary Marty.... being paid by Marine Harvest, the industry he is supposed to be regulating. Yeah, no conflict of interest there....
Salmonkiller01 nailed it with his comment.

Pretty sure Alexandra Morton can go to bed at night with a clear conscience... Not so sure about Gary Marty or those higher up in DFO being able to do the same....

Last edited:

Why is an "american" biologist? arguing against fish farms in BC CDN waters and not her very own country that is doing the same Type of farming??
PLUS her own countries salmon ranching to the tune of BILLIONS of fish raised in nets every year,treated the same way and fed the same pellets for half their lives then released to then be caught a few yrs later and labled WILD?

To me she has no credibility till she stands up and fights in her own back yard in her own country
Rage on...

You might want to some research on Alexandra Morton. She has lived in Canada since 1980 or so and has devoted her life to whale, dolphin and salmon research and especially the effects of salmon farming on our wild stocks of salmon. Just be because she was not born in Canada, does not give her less credibility and we Canadians are much better to have her in our backyard then in her own country.

In contrast and other then anonymously moaning and bitching on a forum , what efforts and research have you done to protect our fish?

Salmon Confidential, Documentary About Salmon Farms in Canada & Diseased Salmon
Published on May 8, 2013
This shocking documentary by film maker Twyla Roscovich and biologist Alexandra Morton discovers British Columbia's wild salmon are testing positive for dangerous European salmon viruses associated with salmon farming worldwide and how a chain of events is set off by the Canadian government to suppress the findings contained within this documentary.

Rage on...

So the facts are she is a Canadian (dual citizen) and has lived here since the 80's and is standing up and fighting for her country in her backyard. Therefore you should give her credibility by your own standards.

I would also add that there is a saying..... The first sign of a weak argument is when you attack the messenger and not the message. It seem to me that what you would be wise to remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back