First time Bradley user

Jencourt

going to run the first batch in my new Bradley. Looking for input on how many pucks to burn. I know I used to do about 3-4 hours or 4 full pans in my "big Chief" So at 1 puck per 20min would it be fair to say 9 pucks ? I will have four racks of tail ends, so all fairly thin fillets.

Any other tips are very welcome as well.

Thanks and Happy New Years to all

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks going to run the first batch in my new Bradley. Looking for input on how many pucks to burn. I will have four racks of tail ends, so all fairly thin fillets.

Any other tips are very welcome as well.

Thanks and Happy New Years to all
Happy New Year to you too, Ray. Number of pucks will be based on the amount of time you want to smoke. The Bradley's timer pushes a new puck to the burner every 20 minutes, so if you want an hour of smoke, you'll need 3 pucks + the ones you need to prime the thing. Make sure you turn the burner on for 10 minutes or so to get it hot before you feed the first puck on to it.
Good Luck!

Good luck with your new Bradley, I have a couple of them and use them a lot.
Keep in mind that unless you have spacer pucks, the last 2 pucks don't get pushed onto the burner.
If I don't use my spacer blanks, I just use an extra 2 pucks.

Did you season your new smoker ?

Good luck with your new Bradley, I have a couple of them and use them a lot.
Keep in mind that unless you have spacer pucks, the last 2 pucks don't get pushed onto the burner.
If I don't use my spacer blanks, I just use an extra 2 pucks.

Did you season your new smoker ?

Yup seasoned it as per instructions today.

You might find 3 hours of smoke in the Bradley a little too much for thin fillets. I usually don't roll the smoke on fish for more than 2 hours in the Bradley.
T2

I don't usually start w/ the pucks and just let the smoker heat bring up the temperature of the fish. I also found that I like to change the rack positions every 1/2 hr. By that I not only do I mean upper/lower rack positioning but I also turn them around front to back just to compensate for uneven heating. Should be all wrapped up in 2-3 hrs but you do need to keep an eye on it or you may dry out your fish. You may not need/want more smoke after a couple of hrs and just use smoker heat.

Back