Feedback BYOB Lodge Esperanza Inlet

I second this
Great advertising keeping this post fresh
Doug is advertising daily
Curious to see if the say no to the quota is presented yet some of the quote Unquote guides are quota participating as seen at other places.

New pricing for byob is only targeting short term clients and not the critter model in my opinion.
I am curious why you think I am only targeting short term clients with my pricing.

Twinstrike just run your program how you want there will be many pessimists along the way. Looking forward to seeing your operation be a success. The average Joe may only be able to come for the short term but there are many very wealthy folks that don't care what it costs and if they like your product they will come. For example look at Clayoquot Wilderness Retreat Hillside Classic Tents All inclusive is $1600 - $2200 per night and they are busy. Produce a good product and they will come, like the Field of Dreams :)

I have been going to Rodgers annually now for many years as a BYOB. The guides have been very helpful and not cagey at all about where and how to fish. I’m sure TS will tell all prospective guests where and how to fish the area, so that they catch fish and come back.
Last year, on one change-over day, only BYOB’s were arriving. I think a problem with the previous model is that the guides were more loyal to their guests (and the prospective tip) than to the lodge. I remember one guide in a big boat with twins, going to Kyuquot to get his guest the last (chicken) hali to limit him out. Therein lies the problem. Guides burning lots of fuel...
Once you eliminate that, I’m sure you’ll be successful, and I wish you the very best, as I’d hate to see it close. It’s such a beautiful area.
I’ll be there early July, and I look forward to meeting you then.

I have been going to Rodgers annually now for many years as a BYOB. The guides have been very helpful and not cagey at all about where and how to fish. I’m sure TS will tell all prospective guests where and how to fish the area, so that they catch fish and come back.
Last year, on one change-over day, only BYOB’s were arriving. I think a problem with the previous model is that the guides were more loyal to their guests (and the prospective tip) than to the lodge. I remember one guide in a big boat with twins, going to Kyuquot to get his guest the last (chicken) hali to limit him out. Therein lies the problem. Guides burning lots of fuel...
Once you eliminate that, I’m sure you’ll be successful, and I wish you the very best, as I’d hate to see it close. It’s such a beautiful area.
I’ll be there early July, and I look forward to meeting you then.
I agree 100% in what you are saying. We will be using only contract boats and they will paying for their own fuel. I believe also that the sharing of information is key to successful fishing trips. Look forward to meeting you next summer.

I'm curious why this lodge is apparently listed on Craigslist for sale?
Doug Rodgers is still the owner of the lodge but would like to sell. I am leasing the lodge from him so we have a landlord tenant relationship. If a person were to buy the lodge then it would come with a tenant and the buyer would be encumbered by the lease agreement.

Doug Rodgers is still the owner of the lodge but would like to sell. I am leasing the lodge from him so we have a landlord tenant relationship. If a person were to buy the lodge then it would come with a tenant and the buyer would be encumbered by the lease agreement.

Great, thanks for the reply. Hopefully I will be making a visit this summer.

Back