Espar Diesel Heater

Yep - know how you feel. I cut a 2 1/2" hole in the bottom of my boat to install a transducer. Took me a few days to work up the courage to do it.

Yep - know how you feel. I cut a 2 1/2" hole in the bottom of my boat to install a transducer. Took me a few days to work up the courage to do it.
Hey Bruce I need to do that to install a Furuno (Airmar 66) 525STID-MSD Bronze Thru-Hull with Speed and Temperature. Comes with fairing block too.
Any hints tips, things to avoid? I am thinking of mounting just in front of the engine. Fairly flat hull there too.

Hey Bruce I need to do that to install a Furuno (Airmar 66) 525STID-MSD Bronze Thru-Hull with Speed and Temperature. Comes with fairing block too.
Any hints tips, things to avoid? I am thinking of mounting just in front of the engine. Fairly flat hull there too.

PM bigbruce or start your own thread please and thank you :).

HELP........

I want to make connection to fuel pump they give me this little part. Once you know where things are going you cut wiring harness to lenght and put this on....... I have a green and a brown wire and the part says 1 and 2. Which wire goes to 1 and which goes to 2?

I called Espar Canada and the guy says it doesn't matter. I don't believe it.
image.jpg

HELP........

I want to make connection to fuel pump they give me this little part. Once you know where things are going you cut wiring harness to lenght and put this on....... I have a green and a brown wire and the part says 1 and 2. Which wire goes to 1 and which goes to 2?

I called Espar Canada and the guy says it doesn't matter. I don't believe it.
View attachment 16704

I can't help you with the polarity question but that connector looks like the female end of a Deutsch connector. European style of similar design to the Delphi Weather Pack connectors that I use for all my bilge or washdown pump connections.

This is the Deutsch:

ff5ccef452b39e2df103a9477f78b06b.jpg

Here's the Weather Pack:

8e93b07de28919584ec33d277681e618.jpg

55a5387c262e140c63ff78953ea369f7.jpg

Having the complete kit and special crimp tool to make them up really helps too!

d3da456caa838094a3a937cb88f51da1.jpg

Send me a PM if you need some more info.

Rick

Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app...

Had a friend come by late this morning and help me get this finished off. It's been running for almost an hour now and I don't want to get out of the boat. It's so comfy in here :)

This thing is awesome....... Went out side and fired it up, even though I can't go fishing :) Just wanted to watch it defog the windows.

Wish I had bought one of these years ago

Glad to see the unit working for you now. How high does the unit go for temperature. I see you have it set at 93 degrees in your last picture, is that max or can it go higher. That's shorts and no t shirt fishing temperature. On a near zero fishing day, it would be like jumping out of a hot tub into a snow bank when you got a fish on. LOL

Ok...... Does new fuel line dirty fuel? I have brand new fuel line in kerosene and it had discoloured the fuel

Here is a fresh bottle and the bottle I just removed. Is this normal? Is it just cause it's new? Maybe it is just noticeable cause it's a clear fuel.

image.jpg

Back