Espar Diesel Heater

Why don't you call Andrew Sheret in Courtenay ?
I did...... That's where those prices were from and the 10' pipe :)

Tried also Home Depot, Bennett, 21 Degree, hot tub shop, Comox Valley fireplace and hot tub, midland tools, HVAC furnace and plumbing companies. I spent 1.5 days searching.

Harbour Chandler had one 60mm Y pipe hidden in Kevin's pile of parts. Laura drove to Nanaimo yesterday to pick up :) $39.99 later I have the part.

Now onto the exhaust and the temp...... The thru haul has a fibre gasket as stated in a previous post. I don't think thats a great seal and being its an a aluminum boat I think it's not necessary. Id rather use a high heat sealant. Just not sure what to use cause I can't figure out how hot it actually is.

I can't tell you the exact temp but
It's as hot as a tube header on a car. I used the insolation sleeve. Why not use the highest heat sealant that you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What interests me is the fuel line is only 1-1.5 inches away from this extremely hot exhaust. This makes me think sure it's hot, but maybe it's not as hot as I think.

I didn't use any sealant on mine. I used a thick high heat gasket that espar sent with it. Worked fine so I can't help you from experience. I had too pay a bit more for the marine kit but it was zero hassle every part except the fuel tank was included. Installed the heater in one session with no parts runs even had all stainless fasteners needed.

This is just a portion of what came with this unit. Most I won't even need. Got more in my shop plus what I already installed in the boat. This unit came with the marine kit......... I needed a Y tube and decided to upgrade the vents. Plus I needed a fuel source
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a uneasy feeling blowing a hole in the side of the boat
image.jpg

Got a dash vent in and another under the dash blowing on the deck which I failed to take a photo of

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 150
I know the feeling about the exhaust hole in the side lol. I almost cried :(:).

Did ya fire her up? We need video..........

I know the feeling about the exhaust hole in the side lol. I almost cried :(:).

Did ya fire her up? We need video..........
I stepped back and let another member do it....... Good to have friends willing to help :)

Those friends also like to fish and prawn on a heated boat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worried, neither was Silver Streak when they built it to be in a enclosed area and run all the electrical next to it. I've ran a propane heater pressed up beside it for 9 years now. Now its just hot air........ I feel good about it

Me either! Saw the tank, had to ask. Enjoy the warmth!

I'd be willing to take some of the 3" air pipe from you. Nice work on the instal. Its hard to cut holes in your boat I know. I had to cut bow light holes in the front of my brand new 2008 ocean king. It left a mark in my undies but it all worked out and the reality is you can always weld those holes closed. Still very scary.

Ya measure twice cut once. And if ya do it wrong the local welder can make it right. Looks like it's coming along.

lets see a video of that turbine heat rocket in action.

Back