elk lake Victoria??

I

Ilovefishing

I live in Victoria. I fish Elk lake a lot if I don't get to go out on the ocean. Despite most peoples thoughts of poor fishing for trout in summer time I did really well over july and august. trolling about 25 feet deep i caught a few big ones about 18 to 19 inchers. now i have been lucky to catch a 14 they are mostly 12 inches I still catch a few but not as much as august i have been told that trout fishing is to pick up now but I have found the opposite. I have tried salmon eggs, ford fender and a worm, ford fender and a fly, trolling just a fly, trolling rapalas, plugs, but just the odd small one, I have been trolling between 10 feet to the surface. maybe they are really deep still but I have tried at twenty feet for a while and nothing. does anyone have any suggestions? I like trolling i am not into casting as such so I would like tips on trolling, also is there any secret on catching some big ones I know the largest on so far i have caught was 19 inches and 2.2 lbs. but I know they get bigger in there have been told they get up to and over 5 lbs in there so if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Also if anyone ever wants to come with me let me know I go by myself a lot. so a second person is always welcome. bob

Bob

Bob
are you just trolling aimlessly around the lake? pick a spot and work it really hard ie - work the highway really hard. Its still pretty warm so give it some time until the fishing will start to pick up again. When your out on the lake and notice someone catching fish take the time to try and pick there brain, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. THe more time you spend on the lake the better you will learn how to fish it. Good Luck
Totally Tyee

Bob
are you just trolling aimlessly around the lake? pick a spot and work it really hard ie - work the highway really hard. Its still pretty warm so give it some time until the fishing will start to pick up again. When your out on the lake and notice someone catching fish take the time to try and pick there brain, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. THe more time you spend on the lake the better you will learn how to fish it. Good Luck
Totally Tyee

Bob
Totally Tyee

Bob
Totally Tyee

I have been using floating repala,s trolling slow.Up here in Nanaimo green lake is a good spot -quiet-no people-.just remember not to
jurk your repala around let it work.

Kev

I have been using floating repala,s trolling slow.Up here in Nanaimo green lake is a good spot -quiet-no people-.just remember not to

Kev

Kev

Kev

I agree with totally,

Fish the hiway hard and fish it with confidence. The big fish are down there and soon or later you'll get in to them. If I was you I would fish just of the bottom with a tomic wee tad on one side and a leech pattern fly on the other. Avoid flashy fenders and other attactors as they can sometimes spook these large trout. One of my friends hooks alot of hogs out of there on leeches.

I agree with totally,

Fish the hiway hard and fish it with confidence. The big fish are down there and soon or later you'll get in to them. If I was you I would fish just of the bottom with a tomic wee tad on one side and a leech pattern fly on the other. Avoid flashy fenders and other attactors as they can sometimes spook these large trout. One of my friends hooks alot of hogs out of there on leeches.

I agree with totally,

I agree with totally,

They are not crankbaits, a rapala is a type of jerk bait and a wee-tad is a small version of a tomic plug.
It is not uncommon to hit bass though

They are not crankbaits, a rapala is a type of jerk bait and a wee-tad is a small version of a tomic plug.

Back