E.C.V.I.

Hey Kelly, I'm surprised you did'nt land a few dolphins for practice, you caught everything else that moves out there! Marina derby on Sunday,$20/head winner take all. That would help replace some gear.Bushy and I are heading out early. Can I borrow one of those horseshoes you got?

Still slow i fished hard 3-4 hours this eve and all i had was one hit that was a 6lb spring that we released. Fished ballenas 90-180 feet. Hope they show up soon i think we need some high pressure. This unsettled weather might have something to do with it.[xx(]

Is there still alot of bait at Ballenas? Bushy and I bucked up for the derby, you in yet Kelly? There is a nice early bite Sun. morn., do you know yet where you're headin. Have the vhf on 69.

I got skunked in 3 hours around ballenas and gerald.Baits not everywhere but still plenty around its thick in areas. No idea where im heading yet the guy with the arima headed to sangster and another friends fishing sangster tommorow so ill see how they did. Im in the derby and will be on channel 69 youll hear me beaking. No idea where were headin well go out at six.

Hey Kelly, we're heading out before that. I have to be in early but I will see you at the weigh in at 4:30. Burgers and beers to follow. Good luck and give me a call on the vhf when you're heading out.

Its awful out there. Huge algea blooms making the water muddy red on this side. Fished another 4 hours without a hit today at sangster and ballenas.Im going to fish sangster tommorow greg and ill let you in that theres a few fish over there:D Saw a 16 caught today and there were a few over 20 there yesterday. Ill call you on the vhf

Greg not sure if you will get this in time but can i ask a big favour. If you see this and have one could i borrow a 15 lber just for tommorrow were gonna stack and the 12 lbers not staying down well. If i lose it ill get one asap to replace. If it works just tosser in my boat. I also have a new scotty belt that doesnt work on my elctrics ill give ya it tommorrow. Well be runnin to sangster at 6am might be a bit snotty i expect a crowd there tomorrow well be on 69.

I'm hitting Qualicum this week. Going to see what's around. Think I'll beachcomb and see if what i can scare up.

Decent day out there today i was all over. Fished south end of lasqueti,sangster, ran to north end but didnt fish. Then ran to french creek fished an hour didnt like it. Finished off with an hour at ballenas. There were a few fish all over but nowhere was great.We hit our first fish before we had both rods in the water at 7am it was a double header on a stacked line it was a 16 lber other was lost south end lasqueti. Hit another that popped but nothin there. Few fish at french creek saw one lost to a seal and had one hit. Ballenas we hit 3 in an hour lost two landed one 12lber. Was enough to win the derby only one other 10lber caught.

Het Kelly, thanks for the banannas!!!I tried everything in the tackle box yesterday. We both had hits at Sangster but it was so rough and hard to see. That's why we ran over to Young point and it was way calmer but still no fish. We were all set to go to the barbie and Bushy came over with his GF and next thing you know the girls were planning dinner, then the neighbors came over and we stayed home.Going back out today and it looks like a nice day.

So much for the nice day, we came around the corner and she was blowin SE so we pounded over to Ballenas. We trolled for a couple hours on the bite and squat. KTAnna was there as well and ditto for him. It let up a bit and we blasted to Sangster and caught a couple ling but no salmon.

Ya that SE got nasty ill be out tommorrow or thurs still seems really hit and miss. Were any of those pics from derby day decent? If theres any good ones can you email them thanks

Ya that SE got nasty ill be out tommorrow or thurs still seems really hit and miss. Were any of those pics from derby day decent? If theres any good ones can you email them thanks

I'll check out those photos today and send them to you. Don't know when I'll be out next,maybe tomorrow. I'll be on 69 or 68, last time I was on 69 the were two guys chattering like a couple old women. That was derby day so I had to listen to them cause I was waiting for your call. Good luck, are you still using just hootchys?

Skunked tonight but didnt get out till 7. Kt anna got one at 5:30 at ballenas and a few were caught at spaurboy. I hear neck pt in nanaimo is on fire i might run down tommorow

Back