E.C.V.I.

Heard of six caught at gerald yesterday. Howd you make out greg . Riggers re spooled and ill pick up some new line for rods today and be back out tommorow late morning after some work the bites not till noonish.

Better come up with a better plan than that for the Winter Harbour trip Bigred cus I dont swim!! I guess the little bro will have to do the grunt work! How did you do this morning? Are you putting out any Traps?
quote:Originally posted by bigredsnapper

There is a nice little bay on the southeast side of Sangster that would be protected if it's gonna blow from the NW. We use to camp on the beach at Ballenas. You can tie up to one of the buoys in the bay.We beached the boat and unloaded all the gear and then one guy would run out and tie off the boat then swim to shore, then in the morning the other guy swims out and brings the boat in. If you have 2 guys with you then it's easy....You're the captain, make them do the swimmin.

Haven't done it yet but we are wanting to fish Sangster Is. Any hints as to the better spots around the island? We are out of Schooner C.

Thanks, Tom

I went to Gerald yesterday and there were at least a dozen boats so I took off to Ballenas. I trolled there for an hour or so and only had one hit but it was blowin pretty good NW which is a bi*** when solo.Hey kelly I have those 12lb balls you had made for me and I'll trade them for 10lbers. I don't need them til Winter Harbour next month. Hey B.C., Remember the captain is ALWAYS right!!!Winter Harbour is gettin closer and closer.....can't wait for some big fish.

Not good, a month to early, was the only slot we could find at the time. Managed a 36# Hali at the lighthouse on a cuttie at 30'. The wind was brutal from the NW. White hoocthies won. Stay on channel six and watch your prawn traps. Are you driving in or boating from Coal harbour?

Found the fish today. Landed our limit of 4 and lost a few on the hits. Nothin huge 12-19lbs but awsome day and no seals!

Linger from weekend
a.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Yea it was out of beachcomber. Forgot about losing gear in no time:D The boats a 17.5ft malibu tyee same as 17.5ft double eagle so far so good beats the 14footer i have always fished from.

Hey Kelly,nice fish. You must have caught them all, we got there around 8pm after coming empty at Sangster.Thanks for the call on the VHF. You were loud and clear at first then there was alot of static. I heard you say you were at the marina and we were at False bay on Lasqueti. Caught a couple nice lings and let a monster go.

Hey Klob,white hootchys were the ticket for me last year. We are boating in from Coal Harbour, I would much rather have a nice boat ride than rattle down a bumpy road. I'm not taking any traps, I do that all year here and just wanna fish.

Went out after work today and not a sniff between 4 boats out there. Might have been due to about 100-200 dolphins workin the area got some good pics. got ugly fast also. Blowin probaly 25kts

Few pics
dol.jpg

dol4.jpg

dol7.jpg

Snapper: It's a hell of a drive and a pile of gas $$$$$$. Then I see Kelly post those pictures from my front yard and I go WTF. Nicely done by the way Kelly!

Back