E.C.V.I.

Klob

Saw a 10 lb+ snapper on the French Creek dock, but no Salmonids. Did any body manage anything other than nasty burn?

rockfish are closed guess he shoulda checked regs. I got a big snapper aswell today at 150ft on hootchie but had to tosser back even though it was obviously not going to live. Didnt hit or hear of any salmon caught in the couple hours i was out today and last night.There was a 22lber caught at lasqueti two days ago. Hope it picks up soon

managed a 13LB feeder out at whirl bay, it was a hathery fish full of what looked like tiny squid 1" to 2" long. It was an excellent day to be on water CHEERS.

Hey EM, Snappers are considered Rock Fish........ SS

Proper name is a Pacific yelloweye rockfish. Only true snapper are found in tropical waters.

I think its to stop your rod from going so far in your reel drum makes contact with the holder. I've had a few fish hit hard and try to run only to have the drum lock upon the reel.

CA I have the same thing on my DR’s. I also have a trolling rod that has a cross hatch on the rear grip that locks into the bar. It seems to work with that rod but my other rod doesn’t have the cross hatch and I’m not too comfortable with that. Might have to cut the bar out or tie on a cord to the rod to prevent my rod from swimming. GLG

quote:Originally posted by Concerned Angler

Thanks guys-- better safe than sorry-- the bars will be history.

Just get better rod holders!!! (no smilies to put here :))

The bars are in place so that the reel cannot bind on the holder and cause the line to snap.

Did not go out as I was on call all weekend, but did manage to get out friday night, lost two hali's, but what a night on the water, not a breath of air.

SS

I went out of French Creek late Saturday afternoon. I am not from the area and it was the first time I had fished it. Did not even get a knock. Two other boats at the launch when I pulled out had the same amount of action. Spoke to a DFO creel surveyor at the launch and he said he had only spoken with one angler who had caught a salmon since April??? He said Nainamo off Five Finger Island was a better bet, where 1 in 10 boats he interviewed caught a salmon.

1 in 10 eh? I know some anglers down here that would beg to differ with that number. When the 'regulars' put in 20+ hours and don't catch something those numbers start to seem a little 'fishy'.

Well i have been skunked in 4 trips and same goes with the guys i have talked to. Fish are still few and far between right now in nanoose area

We bonked 2 in Nanaimo today 1 high teens 1 low twenties.

quote:Originally posted by ChromeSweetChrome

glad to hear of some fish out there I put in about 13 hours on the water this weekend and not a sniff and a few other boats i talked to reported the same. Ive never seen the fishing as bad as this year.

quote:Originally posted by ChromeSweetChrome

glad to hear of some fish out there I put in about 13 hours on the water this weekend and not a sniff and a few other boats i talked to reported the same. Ive never seen the fishing as bad as this year.

I went about 25 hours in the last few weeks without a spring until those 2 were caught. Last year I got one nearly everytime we went out.

I went about 25 hours in the last few weeks without a spring until those 2 were caught. Last year I got one nearly everytime we went out.

Back