Dried beef

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Started with 4 eye of round roasts. Total of around 13lbs.
12 day dry cure of TQ and brown sugar.
Then 18 hours in the smoker starting at 140 degrees.
2 day rest in fridge after smoking before slicing
Looks like I'm going have to start another batch. This batch ain't going make it to the holidays

Damn, that looks good!

c
View attachment 35924 View attachment 35923 View attachment 35922 View attachment 35921 View attachment 35920 Started with 4 eye of round roasts. Total of around 13lbs.
12 day dry cure of TQ and brown sugar.
Then 18 hours in the smoker starting at 140 degrees.
2 day rest in fridge after smoking before slicing
Looks like I'm going have to start another batch. This batch ain't going make it to the holidays
care to share the recipe and details???? looks very tasty never done or tried it before

Also, what type of slicer? Do you have a preference for a good slicer?

Also, what type of slicer? Do you have a preference for a good slicer?
Thanks guys
I got turned on to dried beef 50 some years ago. My grand parents would always bring some back from North Dakota. I can remember my grandmother serving one thin slice of dried beef on plain ole white bread and butter, the flavor of that beef has been etched in my mind ever since.
While it had been many moons since Ive had good dried beef. This was my first attempt at making my own and I got to say it came out very good.
I would like to take credit for the recipe and process but I got to give credit to the gentlemen who posted a really good tutorial on a smoked meat site.
Heres the link
http://smokingmeatforums.com/index....step-by-step-great-stuff.167947/#post_1221448
Very little time is involved in the trimming and curing process. I think it took me all of a half hour.
The hardest part is waiting thru the 12 day curing stage.
I started out the smoking process in my block smoker only cause my pellet pooper wont run below 180. After about 10 hours running at between 130 and 140 in my block smoker I moved the roasts over to my pellet set at 180.

As far as recommending a good meat slicer I really aint qualified to comment in that dept. I have what could be called a entry level slicer, tho I'm very happy with its performance for what I use it for.
Its a Chef Choice they carry at Costco. it only has a 7" blade. I'm able to cut paper thin slices in a hurry with it.

Ya,ll, thanks for looking

I was going to ask if it was a chef's choice. Guess I guessed right.
I have to give this a go! Thxs for the link! Often wondered how they did the deli meat as I was brought up with German/Russian and Polish grandparents and we were brought up on the different kinds of deli meats...

Back