Double eagle ride

Chrism

I've noticed a few low hour newer 185 de's for sale but was told by a friend they don't ride very well maybe because by putting the small cuddy in they push everything to the back wondered if any owners had experienced this

Thanks the ride was one of my hesitations the other is the lack of fishing space on the back but I guess I could eliminate this with pedestal seats instead of sleepers

Double eagle is a great boat and I would say they ride pretty well. All boats will pound just depends on how you drive them. DE are a great fishing boat

I have 17.5 double eagle and the retired fella across the street has a 18.5 double eagle and there is a difference in aft deck space. If you replace the sleeper seat there would be a lot more room in the back. I will measure the distance tomorrow on his boat. I have 38" from my one sleeper to the back seats. Once I put in another pedestal seat then it's got tons of room and still has the built in back seats and will have two more up front. I hardly ever take more than one person out so it's no problem for me.

I have had a couple 17 foot models over the years and they are a good riding hull. In fact with the right weight balance and HP the faster you go in certain seas, the smoother they ride. At a faster speed in say a 2 foot chop the boat will land on its tail first then settle in forward for a non pounding landing. Also fun!

Thx for all the replays I used to have a 172 hourston sportsman and was hoping to go a little bigger might have to jump up to the 20 range

There is a 21' in used Vic ,can't remember what he is asking but they are a great boat for sure. Had a 1973 17' that was passed on to me by my pops and it was a fantastic boat. Upsized 3 years ago but still miss that boat.

Double eagle that looks like hootchie bob's boat maybe you changed your handle?

When fishing just for the day the ride could be a little bumpy like any small boat, but with extra ice ,coolers, gear and full tank on a weekend trip it would ride great, could cut the chop.I liked mine but got stupid and greedy and moved up to the 21 ft DE , more headaches with all the bigger stuff,motor,trailer and such. 18.5 is good boat rides ok ,flexible for the weekend outing , good for the day fish, easy on gas , easy to trailer.

The de with the pedestals looks very workable for me will have to expand my search to hourston and de thanks all

Out in a friends newer DE a fair bit and it is a good stable boat, especially for a 16 footer. I have never heard critical comment of a good condition DE.

Back