Double Eagle 206

danthewire

Hi guys, does anyone on the forum own one of these boats? I was looking at getting some feed back about them.
Am thinking about buying one.
Thanks Dan.

Double Eagle makes good, solid fiberglass boats. Lots of them around. If it is used and depending on how old it is have it checked out for any rot before you buy it.

Thanks Whole in the Water, I've owned them for 32 years.
Great boats, just trying to get some feedback on the new 206's
The purchasing agent said I could start to look.
Dan.

Im going to be selling my refurbished 1980 Double Eagle.. LOA 22-24ft with the pod
Chartplotter, Radar with Arch and Launchers, Hardtop, Pod, Trim Tabs and Electric Downriggers, Secondary Hydraulic Steering, Radio, Stereo, new Seats, etc etc..
With or without the motors

f200 Yamaha 85hrs, 8hp Yam with control 250hrs

jb.peter@telus.net

Sorry, I dont know how to post pictures yet...

Yes, Brad from Seabeam and my name is Brad as well...lol
I put my motors on his boat... then I put a ton of money and time into it aswell

I was thinking about splitting up the engines from the boat... 15k for the motors
12k for the Boat and trailer...
Trailers getting overhauled
23k package
Something like that...
As usual there's been a ton of money invested...

Yeah, a ton of money and time thats an understatement.
You should be proud of the result.
Post a before picture.
Dan

Ya, the 200 is perfect.... cruise at 30mph ish?... Ive only had it out about 5 times..the finishing still needs a little tweeking, as always.. I used to have that motor on my 21.5 Campion fishing maching but it was a little to heavy for it.... So i knew it would be good on the DE... The secondary steering is priceless when your always adjusting the Downriggers, makes life a lot easier, plus you dont need people to help steer for you...

i've got a 206 ext ordered should have it in a few weeks I ordered it back in march, seems like they are pretty quick on the build time, I haven't got it yet but might be able to answer more questions in a few weeks, seemed like a good deep hull pretty wide beam should be a big 20 footer.

You cant really go wrong with a Double Eagle... you'll be happy im sure..

Thanks Mr Killer, wouldn't mind picking your brain about it.
I've got the 185 right now and am toying with the idea of moving up to the 206.
Are you in Victoria?
Thanks
Dan.

Go 23 ft hourston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 1389View attachment 1390View attachment 1391View attachment 1392Im going to be selling my refurbished 1980 Double Eagle.. LOA 22-24ft with the pod
Chartplotter, Radar with Arch and Launchers, Hardtop, Pod, Trim Tabs and Electric Downriggers, Secondary Hydraulic Steering, Radio, Stereo, new Seats, etc etc..
With or without the motors

f200 Yamaha 85hrs, 8hp Yam with control 250hrs

jb.peter@telus.net

One of the nicest DE i have ever seen. 23k is a steal for that package.

Nice set up. Great deal for someone who wants a bench mark West Coast boat. I used to dream about owning a DE back in the 80's. They've really stood the test of time....

haha I'm limited to 20 feet because of my drive way parking etc, I am in nanaimo but you could check it out anytime, I looked at a 185 and the 206 layout has more space. I'm 6 feet and I can't lie down in the cuddy in the 185 but I can in the 206 no problem. the cabin is nice and big with hardtop over four seats perfect for the family. the deck isn't huge but i'm used to little boats so it's good for me. They are hard to find I'd be happy to take you out on the water up here if you wanted to drive up, maybe wash some gear if you wanted.

Back