Derby Wrap-Up Help Needed

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Now that the fishing portion of the 2014 Fishing Derby has wrapped up, I need to move on to giving out some great prizes and serving up some yummy BBQ Sept. 27 in Nanaimo at Bowen Park.

Many of you volunteered to help when the time came…… Well the time is now J

Things Needed:

Help setting up on Sept.27 and taking down

BBQ Helpers/Cooks

A small PA speaker, microphone and family friendly music

Tables, one covered for prizes

BBQ(s)

Food/beverage donations

Disposable serving items (cups, plates, napkins)

You and your items would need to be at Bowen Park no later than 11am Saturday 27.

Please PM me or email sfbcderby2014@gmail.com and let me know how you can help out.

Thank You,

pretty sure I am still going to be in town and am able to help however I can that day FA, just secured the amp n microphone, Come on guys lets step up and make this BBQ a great event for everyone , lots of help still needed......

If I can make it across I am more than happy to man a BBQ. Will walk on the ferry so would just jump a cab to the park if I can clear the day on this side.

We could likely get a couple of trucks to be at departure bay terminal to meet the 10:40am sailing from Horseshoe Bay if needed, and return you for the 3:10 or 5:20 back home.

I can probably help, I'll get back to you after the tuna party, it's hard to concentrate on anything else right now.

I have two 8foot table I could throw into the truck if needed. They are the old wood ones with fold up legs like the halls had.

Could cooks bring flippers, tongs, knifes "for lettuce and tomatoes" and cutting boards. :)

Oh and sexy apron :)

Things Still Needed:

BBQ Helpers/Cooks

Tongs and flippers for BBQ maybe cooks can bring their own tools :)

Family friendly music that could be fed thru PA

Food/beverage donations..... water, pop, juice, meat .... Maybe you know a grocery store owner or a butcher

Disposable serving items ( Red Solo cups, plates, bowls, napkins, plastic utensils)

You and your items would need to be at Bowen Park no later than 11am Saturday 27.

Please PM me or email sfbcderby2014@gmail.com and let me know how you can help out.

Things will be purchased if donations can't be found, but why not ask our members first right.

Thank You,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back