Cut plug rig

H

Hooktier

If you are using larger herring in the Queen Charlottes, what is the distance between the hooks? I have to tie a bunch and don't want then way out. I'm guessing six inches, but will an expert lend me a hand here?

The standard bait is not a large herring it's more likley a medium.If your fishng early spring near spawning herring then maybe?.If your herring hookup means one in or around the mouth and the other 3/4 back then I would tie your hooks no more than 4 inch's apart.I don't know how much you cut plug so you might want to consider just one sharp Gamy and run it thru.There are a couple of web sites that show how.Either way 6 inch's is too far apart no matter where you are fishing.PS If you want a trailer hook even on hootchies then 6 inches work's well.I have nabbed many fish on a loose trailer.

The standard bait is not a large herring it's more likley a medium.If your fishng early spring near spawning herring then maybe?.If your herring hookup means one in or around the mouth and the other 3/4 back then I would tie your hooks no more than 4 inch's apart.I don't know how much you cut plug so you might want to consider just one sharp Gamy and run it thru.There are a couple of web sites that show how.Either way 6 inch's is too far apart no matter where you are fishing.PS If you want a trailer hook even on hootchies then 6 inches work's well.I have nabbed many fish on a loose trailer.

I would have to agree with YO MAMA on this topic. The standard herring size is large, EXTRA LARGE IS TO BIG. Better to tie your leaders longer than shorter, you can always hide the extra bit or even use it as a weed guard

I would have to agree with YO MAMA on this topic. The standard herring size is large, EXTRA LARGE IS TO BIG. Better to tie your leaders longer than shorter, you can always hide the extra bit or even use it as a weed guard

Back