Cowichan River

lmao mama, c'mon, you guys had first light.. The general would not let us leave the dock before 7:00 I do recall...[8D]

Just a question. If the guys had a double header i guess that would buy them some time before last light? maybe even a triple? Whoever is gettin em is one lucky angler!

oh, I happened to know this lucky angler and bananas a bit. I don't believed either exaggerated their number. The only correction maybe the next day it was 1 fish, not skunked :D

No, the lucky angler is not me, well, at least not this year anyway ;)

I guess it's better to be lucky than good but sometime it's not just all luck [}:)]

HS.

Very sure it was skunked the next day as they were my guests he had out,but maybe they just don't remember lol.

The lucky part is the fish being in the river in the first place.
Roll a fish or two maybe even land one could be seen as fluke.

Hitting 30 ( providing the fish are there ) is skill no doubt about it.

We all know that if the fish are thick though that Steelhead are not difficult to take. Not making light of anything but it just goes to show you that there are still magical days to be had.

Good times!

I heard that they had two boats and only hooked one steelhead for ten seconds. I guess some guys keep track o
f hooked fish instead of landed ones. I usually like to keep track of both.

I always keep track of hooked steel, though not other species. Don't know why exactly. I guess it just seems like a victory in itself. Isn't that what most people do?

Im sorry you guys are so involved in the steel lol i myself not to **** others offf.... thought this steelheading was pretty easy i hooked as many as 50 fish this winter with only 8 - 10 tripos out but .... was wondering if this cowie is harder then other rivers or just the numbers arent there anyways for those who dont hook steel give me a shout ill hook ya up ..... Guided the rivers of nfld an those are way harder to fish an hook on then anything ive seen here on this beauty of an island thanx guys an thats my 2 cents.....

Yeah the returns are much less than the Stamp. And it does not have the fish factory that Robertson Creek Hatchery provides the Stamp with.

hope you guys arent laffing at me cause i know i got the pics to prove it just seems as though everyone thinks these fish are so hard to catch you guys seem to procastanate a little to much an not take the task at hand serious enough lol..... anyways not here for childish fights as i have 3 kids here at home an no GUYS YOU CANT HAVE A SLEEPOVER.........

hey buddy ive been trying for weeks this is nmot like steelheading pretty hard to [post pics lol ..... but believe me i do have lots an lots of pics there on my facebook look up fish tours an a whole lot more they would have a few pics an well the rest are in my comp but having trouble posting.... Nitnat was hoping you could help in this regard
thanx again the slayer

quote:Originally posted by newfieslayer

hey buddy ive been trying for weeks this is nmot like steelheading pretty hard to [post pics lol .....

Here you go Mr Newf
Real simple. Go to www.photobucket.com and setup an account. Upload your pictures to Photobucket. Then, while on Photobucket.com you will be able to see your pictures there. Underneath each one will be 4 "tags", your just copy the contents of the image tag, and paste it into your message on SFBC and your pic will appear in your post.

kk kewl well try getting some shots on here for ya just leaving to fly back to ab here again today so in some free time ill be posting thanx

Hey Steve / COWICHAN FLY AND TACKLE....SHOW OFF YOUR STEEL....[:p]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Hey Steve / COWICHAN FLY AND TACKLE....SHOW OFF YOUR STEEL....[:p]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Back