Costa Rica Fishing Charter Deal

Will be heading down to Costa in February/March and looking to split an offshore charter as I will be the only one on the boat.

Split everything, approximate cost is $1100CAD for a 9 hour charter out of Quepos, not including guide tip.

Feb/March is arguably the best time for bill fish and the waters are flat calm. Would be interested in booking multiple days, like one offshore one inshore day.

Dates are flexible. PM me if you are interested thanks.

Wow those are Canadian guiding prices (or more)! I just assumed because of the economy of places like that the charter would be much less expensive.

Sounds like fun.... I've been there before.
Send me a phone number to discuss.
Wayne
509.379-7152
I'm Cdn, travelling right now

Can't go now wish I could as it is awesome. Your price seams in line with todays prices, yes expensive, Malaysia recently gave me 2 full days fishing and 4 nights beach house with all food and pickup for $1200 US. Costa has more/different species, more fish and "fancy" treatment in most resorts so your price seams "reasonable" for off shore trolling billfish and pelagic s, however an option could be to investigate a local with a panga for the inshore stuff. May get a few more days inshore for same budget? I have done before, had a 28-35 ft panga, small Bimini with outboard, was perfect, guy's were knowledgeable, understood boat work and areas well and we got fish. Downside was some guys did not practice catch and release on grouper/trevally or edible species. In the early 2000's in Costa we got small roosters, jacks and others of the beach's on rapala's, not sure if still possible? Just throwing out an option. Life memories in the making, enjoy whatever you do, memories of fishing, trip and fish last waaay longer than any thought of costs.

Envious.

HM

Just got back from Costa Rica, paid the same price for one of the top boats out of Los Suenos Marina, everything included. Beers and hot lunch.
Went 4 for 5 on sailfish and capped the day off with a blue marlin. Took the family out, it was spectacular.
PM me if you need any info or contact names for the Los Suenos marina.

Costa Rica was much more $$$ than I anticipated for everything. Was hoping more for Mexico pricing for food etc but most pricing wherever I looked was much more than their neighbours to the north. Even the locals go to Panama (those who live in the south) for groceries, booze etc. So not surprised with the $1100 for the offshore charter rate.

20 years ago I worked 47 trips as a mate on a Marlin boat out of Playa Flamingo (a now defunct marina who’s fleet fished a few offshore spots that Quepos boats would hit too). A 42’ Bertram, the skipper charged $1400 US per day no matter how many people were guests. We burnt a lot of fuel in those Papagayo winds heading out 26 Miles to his closest favorite spot. Doesn’t sound like it’s gone up in price!!! 20 years!!
The inshore boats that hit rooster spots charged more like $800 US per day. I never worked on one of those ones.

Back