comox area

W

woggie

i will be around the comox area in july and have never been there. I any one knows of the names and locations of any good lakes or rivers to fish in, i would greatly apprieciate it.(so much for spelling)I,m a beginner at fly fishing and i also spin cast thanks

Some of the smaller creeks and rivers such as Tsable river,and rosewall creek are fun for some smaller cutthroats on the fly. Small dry fly patterns such as a renegade seem to work well in the larger pools. There is a trail along rosewall that starts at the parking lot of rosewall park and continues up to rosewall falls, some fish up to 14" can be caught. Most of the good lakes require many miles of rough roads and a four wheel drive to get to. Pick up a backroad mapbook, it gives great detail and some info on many lakes on van island. July is also good for sea-run cutts of of the saltwater estuaries in the area: such as oyster river, fanny bay between coal creek and waterloo creek, they can reach up to five pounds. Good Luck.

Some of the smaller creeks and rivers such as Tsable river,and rosewall creek are fun for some smaller cutthroats on the fly. Small dry fly patterns such as a renegade seem to work well in the larger pools. There is a trail along rosewall that starts at the parking lot of rosewall park and continues up to rosewall falls, some fish up to 14" can be caught. Most of the good lakes require many miles of rough roads and a four wheel drive to get to. Pick up a backroad mapbook, it gives great detail and some info on many lakes on van island. July is also good for sea-run cutts of of the saltwater estuaries in the area: such as oyster river, fanny bay between coal creek and waterloo creek, they can reach up to five pounds. Good Luck.

If you have a float tube or just want to shore fish, you can easily fish Anderson lakes, off the road to Mt. Washington(at the 5 and 6 km. markers)Wolfe lake off Duncan Bay Main, Maple lake(can be a bit of a gong show at times)off Minto Road(between Cumberland and Courtenay) just to name a few. Easy access, lots of trout.

"It all starts with fur and feathers"

If you have a float tube or just want to shore fish, you can easily fish Anderson lakes, off the road to Mt. Washington(at the 5 and 6 km. markers)Wolfe lake off Duncan Bay Main, Maple lake(can be a bit of a gong show at times)off Minto Road(between Cumberland and Courtenay) just to name a few. Easy access, lots of trout.

Back