Columbia River Walleye

Gordo

Is there decent Walley fishing In mid June In the Columbia River In the Castlegar Pulp Mill area?
Thank you everyone for your Imput
Gordo

Used to live in Robson on the other side of the river from Castlegar.I would fish the last section of water below the
dam on the Kootney River just before it runs into the Columbia and do well for nice walleyes up to 5-6 lbs.May- June
seemed to be the best times either early in the morning or at dusk.Keep in mind this was the mid 80's so I cant say for sure what it's like now,but it used to be great fishing for those tasty buggers!

Fishing is the best late August and prime in September. The river is very high at the moment and water is moving.
Hard to find slow moving water. There is a fishing area near the dam. Hard to get your jig on the bottom with fast water.
Good Luck.

Thank you both for Input, sounds like we should wait for lower water flows before giving it a try

Anyone with recent update on how this area is fishing? I was supposed to go a couple weeks ago but didn't because of the weather. Thinking about going there in September.

When I lived in Robson, and worked at the local gas station we used to get off work at 10pm and head right up to the dam. We would fish the Robson side right below the dam where they build easy access and fish for about 2 hours. Would easily do 10-15 fish in that time. We used to just use light coloured jigs and let them sink as much as you could before you would start pulling them back in.

2 days now no luck for walleye just bows. Last day tomorrow. Debating to drive to south of trail as I've fished and caught walleye there in past. Anyone got current reports? Shops are tightlipped in castlegar.

Back