Climate: LNG in B.C. vs Alberta tarsands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right, 3x5 - that we all depend on oil products - and have an equal responsibility in looking for and developing alternatives before that supply runs out - irrespective of one's "beliefs" about what is the largest cause in elevating CO2 levels and global temperatures. Since admin asked us some time ago to not engage in the debate over GW/CC - I will refrain from going down that rabbit hole debating "belief" with "science".
if-you-really-think-that-the-environment-is-less-important-than-the-economy-dr-guy-mcpherson.jpg

Since admin asked us some time ago to not engage in the debate over GW/CC - I will refrain from going down that rabbit hole debating "belief" with "science".

You do this every single time you get a bit of push back and get questions where the only answer is the one you don't like, the one that doesn't fit your narrative. If you want to respect admins wishes stop bringing it up, you're the one that keeps dragging these threads back up. You're so transparent, high road nonsense.

BTW that poster is the same lame binary thinking you accuse others of just like the lecture in the tides thread. Also more than once the "science" has proven to be doctored and the predictions have a startling lack of accuracy.

Last edited:
Not nice being on the outside looking in is it aa? God knows you have done your share of posts belittling those who have the temerity to disagree with you.

You do this every single time you get a bit of push back and get questions where the only answer is the one you don't like, the one that doesn't fit your narrative. If you want to respect admins wishes stop bringing it up, you're the one that keeps dragging these threads back up. You're so transparent, high road nonsense.

BTW that poster is the same lame binary thinking you accuse others of. Also more than once the "science" has proven to be doctored and the predictions have a startling lack of accuracy.

ie: No accuracy.

All they have is cyclical observance with a whack of emotions.

Anyway, the worm has turned. If the science was sound, then guys like me and you who are open to change their minds with good reason, would be on the bandwagon.

The science isn't there and day by day people aren't afraid to speak out against it. Guys like AA can't harp all they want but we are in good company. With any luck the whole climate change industry will be looking for a McDonalds to make their living. I'll thrown in a dime tip because I have a good heart.

BTW that poster is the same lame binary thinking you accuse others of. Also more than once the "science" has proven to be doctored and the predictions have a startling lack of accuracy.
Nope - that's an incorrect statement, 3x5. Reference the large number of responses on things like diseases, stock assessment, fish farms, etc. I am respecting the mods request to stay away from the argument on global warming.

As to who actually created "McJobs" - reference this article:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/15/neoliberalism-ideology-problem-george-monbiot

Last edited:
Face it AA you have been Trumped.... and so have I but that won't stop science or the revolution in energy that is already started. The real question is are we going to place our bets on the technology of the past or the future like the rest of the world.

Relax. In a decade or so, nuclear fission will be a reality and storage of power will be substantially better and have real world applications.

Let's not bash the oil boys and try and run our economy into the ground riding a high horse. Let's just let it happen naturally.

I wonder, what will you 2 have to talk about then? Fishing? Maybe you guys don't even drag lures around though.

Relax. In a decade or so, nuclear fission will be a reality and storage of power will be substantially better and have real world applications.

Let's not bash the oil boys and try and run our economy into the ground riding a high horse. Let's just let it happen naturally.

I wonder, what will you 2 have to talk about then? Fishing? Maybe you guys don't even drag lures around though.

I do fish and have probably longer then you have been alive. Are you Russian by chance?

Nope - that's an incorrect statement, 3x5. Reference the large number of responses on things like diseases, stock assessment, fish farms, etc.

Whoa tiger, you either missed the point of my post or you're having trouble acknowledging it.

Lemme make it easier, what I actually said was;

If you want to respect admins wishes stop bringing it up, you're the one that keeps dragging these threads back up. You're so transparent, high road nonsense.

Which is pretty much 180° off of your assertion, no one is questioning the volume of your posts, it's actually the opposite.

I am respecting the mods request to stay away from the argument on global warming.

Are you serious? You keep bringing the thread back. Just 1 page back, post #2785 you said the exact same thing on October 1. Then 5+ months later you dredged this thread back up, feel free to look back, it's there plain as day. I'm having trouble understanding how you claim to be respecting the wishes. Seriously man, that's where the comments from others about you're awareness of the rules but unwillingness to follow them come from. Sacrifice your quota and let the thread die.

Face it AA as long as guys like you and I happily provide a market for these products with no one holding a gun to our heads these industries will continue.....but that won't stop science or the revolution in energy that is already started. Hopefully one day as technology improves there will be a viable alternative because even people that don't believe in climate change have to acknowledge fossil fuels are a finite resource

FTFY

I do fish and have probably longer then you have been alive. Are you Russian by chance?

Nah, I seriously doubt that.

Russian? Don't tell me you have the Russiaphobia going too. You get given your climate opinion from the same place who gives you your political opinion?

I love it. Snowflakes will be crying for the next 8 years. At least.

That's a good one 3X5 no moss growing on that roof....:)

Ontick I see you are versed on the Alt-Right slang is that your views too? Just asking.... not judging.

That's a good one 3X5 no moss growing on that roof....:)

Ontick I see you are versed on the Alt-Right slang is that your views too? Just asking.... not judging.

The right believes in less government and the left seems to think government should decide everything for us.

Next time you go to Service Canada and you see the ill equipped, less than motivated clerk behind the desk, ask yourself if you think people like that should make decisions in your life.

Try and think past the opinion you have been given and think for yourself bud. The right is how Canada became a great country. The left is what will bring it down if left to its own.

I'm not afraid anymore of saying I lean right and trust me, MANY more are popping up every day.

Last edited:
Oh and just to educate you, "Alt" means alternative.

The Alt-right is not the crazy far right, akin to your far left frame of thinking.

The Alt-right are young, educated and think rationally and make decisions without emotions. That's how intellectuals think.

Get with the times bud. People like you and the way you think will have a Trump replica after his term and a Kevin OLeary in office here with the one term PM who is Trudeau. I'm lovin life!

Another climate change/environmental thread gone sideways...sigh. Just a reminder to those of you who are new to the forum and these types of threads...keep the personal, argumentative and generally disrespectful posts to yourself. This one is officially dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back