"CHUBBY" mods/projects

what else?

hmmmm, lets see...LOL...I dont think I will stick with the hummingbird fisfinder at the rear helm, thinking of the Lowrance Elite-7 hdi with down scan imaging and navionics gold, not intrested in radar capabilities at rear helm as I have the HDS7 in the cabin helm, also trying to decide on a prawn trap puller

then I think im good..

looking for opinions on elite 7 hdi and prawn pullers...I have looked up the threads and everyone seems to have mixed reviews on pullers, Ive owned the elite 5 and like the map and sonar so the elite 7 im more interested in how the down scan works (real world)

let me know what you guys think

go with the hds 5 as sure you can then link it to your hds7

and share info elite and hds dont talk to each other

I was under the impression the Elite 7 can comunicate with HDS, elite 5 cannot as far as I know...need to do some more research

a couple small to-do's completed today,

first the backrest for the bench, nicer then the hard wall to lean on...

second mounted the rear gps/sounder (lcx19c)...ran power wires and antenna wires, still need to decide on what transducer I will go with...

Attachments

• chubby mods 095.jpg
    chubby mods 095.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 291
  • chubby mods 085.jpg
    chubby mods 085.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 275
  • chubby mods 086.jpg
    chubby mods 086.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 269
  • chubby mods 088.jpg
    chubby mods 088.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 262
  • chubby mods 089.jpg
    chubby mods 089.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 263
  • chubby mods 100.jpg
    chubby mods 100.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 277
i wish cubby would have been at the boat show
i think its the the best jam packed boat
out there
get her out soon CZ

I spent some time @ Silverstreak and had a good chat with the guy who sold you the Chubby actually. Gotta say the Streaks are probably the best built ALU I've seen on the coast (I certainly haven't seen them all). Tanks on the water. It was funny though, I climbed into what I thought was the nicest boat of all, and the salesman was like "there it is, thats the boat for you!" @ 6'4 i had to disagree because the roof height was @ 5'8" lol...not quite for me.

Whats the cabin height on the Chubby??

about 6'3"-6'4" in the center walk way I think, about same hieght as the 2452cabin...and I think you cleared in that cabin?? you need to swing by one day and see how it fits you!...

pulpit fabrication

had a visit with Finished Buisseness at his shop today, brought him some tube and plate, and I walked out with a pulpit...

bent 1.5" tubing 180deg capped it with 3/16 plate, then welded or the rear plate and gussets (1/4")

the hole and tube are the hawspipe to guide the rode into the anchor locker

Attachments

• chubby mods 110.jpg
    chubby mods 110.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 722
  • chubby mods 111.jpg
    chubby mods 111.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 482
  • chubby mods 120.jpg
    chubby mods 120.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 255
  • chubby mods 122.jpg
    chubby mods 122.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 254
  • chubby mods 125.jpg
    chubby mods 125.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 255
  • chubby mods 114.jpg
    chubby mods 114.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 253
  • chubby mods 117.jpg
    chubby mods 117.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 253
  • chubby mods 118.jpg
    chubby mods 118.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 255
That looks great and FB's welds are coming along even better:cool:!

attachment.php

If you clean your lenses once in a while you won't have to lean in there so much buddy:p:D.

Very cool stuff guys. Can't wait to see it on the boat.

Cheers,
John

Another thing you might want to look into is this...........

P100-Respirator-300.jpg

3M P100 Pink Pancake filters. Cheap like borscht and they work.

Cheers,
John

he can lay a nice bead, I was impressed,

sculpin that mask is prob a good idea if you plan on lots of welding...I find the fumes from heated/welded aluminum to be nasty, not so much bad smell, and it doesn't cause nausia or anything like that, just something about it seems toxic...

he can lay a nice bead, I was impressed,

sculpin that mask is prob a good idea if you plan on lots of welding...I find the fumes from heated/welded aluminum to be nasty, not so much bad smell, and it doesn't cause nausia or anything like that, just something about it seems toxic...

It's not just aluminum. All welding is toxic. Tell FB it is actually cool to wear mask's now a day's lol.........not like the old day's. With the amount of bead he laid down on that pulpit.................anyways just a suggestion is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe just a suggestion, but a very good one Sculpin!
Ever get the argon so bad you have to hang upside down to clear it out of you lungs?

You younger fellows have all the best in safety gear, not like when some of us started, use it, it will pay off when you get to be my age!

Back