"CHUBBY" mods/projects

ComfortZone

Well, some goodies I ordered have arrived so I thought I would start this thread early (while I have time) and so you guys can see the progress as things come together....or apart...haha

first project will be installing a marine head and holding tank. I will be installing the system to be pumpout (station) dischsrge and macerator discharge, the holding tank will be 9gallons and I will be using a manual pump jabsco head..

in order to maximize space in the small cabin I must install the head behind the starboard capt. chair and the holding tank in the compartment just forward, under the pedistal seat...this means the galley along with the fresh water holding tank must be transfered to the port side cabinets/counter, which I feel is more suited for this purpose as it gives much more counter space. I will also be building a fold up bench that will cover the toilet for extra seating when not in use.

Attachments

• chubby mods 006.jpg
    chubby mods 006.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 791
  • chubby cabin 001.jpg
    chubby cabin 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 802
  • chubby cabin 002.jpg
    chubby cabin 002.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 798
  • chubby cabin 009.jpg
    chubby cabin 009.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 788
  • chubby cabin 003.jpg
    chubby cabin 003.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 815
  • chubby cabin 005.jpg
    chubby cabin 005.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 799
  • Breast cancer run 2012 boat 077.jpg
    Breast cancer run 2012 boat 077.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 859
the 2nd project will be the windlass...I will be installing the lewmar 1000 with helm and foot controls at the bow...with this particular forward deck and anchor locker I will need to build a step up and pulpit for the windlass to be mounted to, and build a hawspipe into the step/pulpit...I will also be moving the hawspipe/hole for rode further aft as that is the deepest part of the anchor locker...this is neccessary to maximize the drop for the rode and minimize rode bunching and tangling...will be calling on Finished buisiness for his fabrication skills on this project!!haha

I know the 1000 is overkill for a 3500# boat, but im making a point of worry free operation and longevity of equiptment on this boat...

Attachments

• chubby mods 005.jpg
    chubby mods 005.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 724
  • Breast cancer run 2012 boat 075.jpg
    Breast cancer run 2012 boat 075.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 747
  • chubby cabin 014.jpg
    chubby cabin 014.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 710
  • chubby cabin 016.jpg
    chubby cabin 016.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 711
  • chubby cabin 017.jpg
    chubby cabin 017.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 713
another small procect is to finish off the propane system for the olympic cabin heater, mounted forward under captains seat foot rest...will be using 5lb tank a quick connect hose from tank to a bulkhead mounted regulator and pressure gauge. All will be installed in the vented propane locker under the rear helm...

Attachments

• chubby cabin 001.jpg
    chubby cabin 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 691
  • chubby mods 002.jpg
    chubby mods 002.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 731
  • chubby cabin 013.jpg
    chubby cabin 013.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 735
That is a pretty feature packed boat. I love the name. Those are some nice additions your going to do to her. Keep us posted.

one more very simple mod, scotty locking rod holders clamped to the aft railings, this will also double as the mounts for the BBQ...

Attachments

• chubby mods 007.jpg
    chubby mods 007.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 685
  • chubby cabin 012.jpg
    chubby cabin 012.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 706
Doesn't anyone else just hang their butt over the side and let er fly? It's a great way to get yourself some space in a pack of boats.

Looks like your going to be doing some camping on the water. Nice job lets see some pics when your done! Cool boat

thanks for all the comments!!

Looks like your going to be doing some camping on the water. Nice job lets see some pics when your done! Cool boat

yes, that is exactly the plan...I do alot of anchoring/overnighting so the head w/ holding tank is required by law, not to mention makes things more comfortable, and keeps the GF onboard

some progress made today, disassebled starboard galley cabinets and floor... more thinking, planing and measuring than any real work.

mocked up mounts for the holding tank, mocked up toilet, built the folding bench and frame...alot of the wood I reused from the cabinet I disassembled, reused the teak in the most visable areas but not sure I like the mix match wood on the frame, that all may be getting a coat of paint...the ply wood used for the bench seat will be sealed in epoxy and painted..

the half wall is part of the cabinet that I left in its original location, Again it was finished recycling the original teak trim off the counter top...I was going to cut it down but found it provided a bit of privacy, and while sitting on the bench acts as an arm rest...plus I didnt need to relocate the speaker, just installed it facing back instead of forward

Attachments

• chubby mods 008.jpg
    chubby mods 008.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 361
  • chubby mods 009.jpg
    chubby mods 009.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 361
  • chubby mods 010.jpg
    chubby mods 010.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 361
  • chubby mods 012.jpg
    chubby mods 012.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 363
  • chubby mods 013.jpg
    chubby mods 013.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 364
  • chubby mods 015.jpg
    chubby mods 015.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 358
  • chubby mods 017.jpg
    chubby mods 017.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 360
ComfortZone PM sent

Here's those Pics

Attachments

• Iphone pictures 733.jpg
    Iphone pictures 733.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 365
  • Iphone pictures 732.jpg
    Iphone pictures 732.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 372
  • Iphone pictures 322.jpg
    Iphone pictures 322.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 372
  • Iphone pictures 1212.jpg
    Iphone pictures 1212.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 366
  • Iphone pictures 310.jpg
    Iphone pictures 310.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 370
NICE! if I can't save/reuse the port side countertop, I will definitly look into that Arborite product...makes for a clean easy solution, thanks again

Ya, it's been about 80 trips so far. I was a bit leery about how it would hold out in the back fishing area. But so far I have it has been great no marks, cleans up well and the colour matches the the boat Gelcoat well. Thinking of redoing the doghouse this year with the same stuff.

some more done today...moved the sink, stove, and water tank to the port side, plumbed everything except the sink drain (need to pick up thru hull)...installed water fill deck fitting, and water vent.

on the starboard side installed the waste pumpout deck fitting, mounted macerator pump and installed macerator discharge thru hull with seacock at the waterline.

also hooked up the propane heater system (no pics)...what a treat that will be on the cold wet days..

Attachments

• chubby mods 019.jpg
    chubby mods 019.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 334
  • chubby mods 020.jpg
    chubby mods 020.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 330
  • chubby mods 022.jpg
    chubby mods 022.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 332
  • chubby mods 025.jpg
    chubby mods 025.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 329
  • chubby mods 027.jpg
    chubby mods 027.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 329
  • chubby mods 029.jpg
    chubby mods 029.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 327
  • chubby mods 026.jpg
    chubby mods 026.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 324
It's looking good. I like the stove mount.

Great looking everything thus far CZ. Does the sleeping quarters have a curtain of some sort to offer privacy when sleeping with two on board, in the case that someone needs to use that newly installed head in the middle of the night? lol how bout a cabin exhaust system?

Can't wait to see her for myself..

Great looking everything thus far CZ. Does the sleeping quarters have a curtain of some sort to offer privacy when sleeping with two on board, in the case that someone needs to use that newly installed head in the middle of the night? lol how bout a cabin exhaust system?

Can't wait to see her for myself..

you dont pee with the door open at home? Frick i do 1 and 2 without shutting the door!

Great job by the way CZ~

Lorne

Back