Chicago Blackhawks 2016-17

Near Christmas time and the Hawks sit on top of the standings, a complete surprise to me. Crawford and now Darling have been great, Hossa's been playing and scoring like he was in his twenties but they are not the team of years past.

NHL got the parity it wanted with the salary cap and now who wins on any given night is a crap shoot. The game is faster but is it better ? Seems like a good goalie is a higher priority these days. Dallas is tanking and Minnesota is rocking.

After losing to the 'Nucks, the Hawks might learn they can't play with their food.
Nah, they will remain mentally scattered until the play-offs.

Four and out. No doubt the Second City boys got goalied by Rinne but the team looked slow against Nashville. The half dozen rookies seemed awestruck by the proceedings.
The only stars to show up were Kane and Crawford.
Too much push to win the division ? Maybe but give Nashville credit.
Solid butt kicking should bring on some change.

I can only imagine that Capt Serious was playing with an injury

As with Bows Up, I have suffered through various forms of ineptitude with my beloved Hawks. It was usually for understandable reasons. But I have never witnessed such a lack of effort on so many levels as I did in these playoffs. Full marks to the Preds, as they totally outplayed the Hawks, I realize the cap has cost them dearly but regardless you have to step it up a few notches this time of the year. For reasons why they didn't or couldn't, I'm hoping an answer is forthcoming. I still can't figure it out.:confused: eman

Hawks run at being a dynasty appears to be OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too much $ on two players.
Love Toews and Quenville but that is about all I like about the Hawks.

Back