Chicago Blackhawks 2016-17

eaglemaniac

Looks like it's time to start the yearly Hawks post. I'm always very pleased when they take out the Canadians. Beauty winner by Kaner.;) eman

I'm ecstatic when they beat the Habs. Liking the fact that the cap forced us to start playing young guys. 19,88 and 2 won't last forever so the sooner we break in fresh ( economical) players the better. Good thread timing as the circus trip has them coming through Western Canada.

Hossa is back. :D

Got kicked in Winni, squeaked by Calgary and the Canucks tonight. Hawks have been a one line team again this year. The record is what it is because of Crawford. The D is better than last year but without Crawford .......

Hawks 5-3.

I'm always excited when the Hawks come to Van. The rivalry is still there but not as intense as it once was. Hawks 4 Nucks 2.;) eman

Now That's Hockey, what a third plus OT. Somebody woke the beast. It's a shame somebody had to lose that one. Canucks played well for two periods plus the OT. The Hawks did what they do when they started playing in the third. It was still anybodys game in OT. Very entertaining game, it even had the announcers shaking there heads. I hope even you Canuck fans found some enjoyement in that one.;) eman

that was a really good game. wish the canucks would play the way they did in the first and second against all teams they come against. seems to me they play good against good teams and so so against lesser teams.
you can't get away with that in this league now...
always liked the blackhawks. been my favourite team for awhile.

thxs, eaglemaniac.
did you enjoy the interview with j.toews? I thought it was pretty good. what I've always liked about that team is the leadership and effort displayed by their captain. he leads by example and the team all contribute. I don't think the seddins have the grit it takes to hoist the cup. the third period the blackhawks are always skating and the canucks were caught standing still. You have to play hockey for all 3 periods. you can't be caught coasting against the hawks. it doesn't work.
I watched a game last year at rogers arena where the canucks beat the hawks 6-0 or 6-1... can't remember offhand. maybe it was the year before that. my memory isn't the best. but the canucks usually give a pretty good effort against the blackhawks. but they need to show that effort against all teams. teams that coast, they coast along with them. and usually lose. not many teams coast now.

I would totaly agree with that. The Oilers looked fantastic, whereas the Hawks looked disinterested. My only hope is that the Oilers don't play the Hawks in the playoffs. Lesson learned.;) eman

Not concerned about meeting them in the play-offs, at all.
Getting their butts kicked is a good thing. Hawks are still a one line team playing 5 0r 6 rookies. Come back against the Canucks had educational value but so did getting creamed by the Oilers. These are not the Hawks of years past, think training wheels.
McCelland is a good coach.

Oilers did a great job of shutting down any free wheeling the Hawks were trying to pull off. With some D, at last, and Talbot the Oilers are more complete than they have been since the glory days. Enjoy, fd.

We'll find out what the Hawks are about as Crawford is out for several weeks. Darling isn't bad but Crawford has been amazing.
The team may have burnt through their early season lead by the time he returns.

More bad news, Van Riemsdyk is back. I think he is being kept around as a gift to Vegas. One can only hope.

Back