Chamber Sealers

This is the one I'd like to own cause I could do fillets and larger items..... http://www.qualitymatters.com/VacMaster-SS-3-Seal-Bar-Chamber-Vacuum-Sealer-p/qmar-vp330.htm

But this is the one a few of us are thinking about buying... http://www.qualitymatters.com/VacMaster-Chamber-Vacuum-Sealer-with-Oil-Pump-p/qmvp-215.htm

The bags really don't seem to be a huge savings considering what I pay for 4 mil vac bags thru Halfords for my food saver. Save less then 50%

Speed is no quicker. Can take up to a minute per bag. Sculpin said he sets his to be about 35 secs per bag. But there is a lot to learn about chamber sealing it not like vac packing.

Sure like the idea of it not over heating but changing the oil every 100 bags could be a pain in the butt.

The idea of owning a machine that lasts for years over a machine I need 3 of to do the jobs sounds fantastic. But I own 3 right now!!!

This is driving me crazy. Please share you thoughts....

Last edited by a moderator:
NOW Made in China....

http://vacupack.com/commercial-vacu...aster-vp215-vp-215-chamber-vacuum-sealer.html

Hey if it breaks in the first year all you got to do is find a way to ship it back and forth...LOL $300-$400 each way better to just buy another one if the first one breaks then you have parts.....LOL Sounds just like owning a Food Saver... But at least a Food Saver can be returned to Costco...

Or you can go on a website called madeinchina.com and order parts I guess.

I AM OUT..... :( I was so close to buying one yesterday along with Gon Fishin.

I've been following this with interest as I will need to replace my current food saver this year. I am also hoping to catch enough that I need to pack it in bags.

I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on the vp215 as the sale price is good right now, but issues like the shipping cost and warranty issues are disturbing.

Thanks for that link FA, they have a good read on the vp215.

Now curious about a real good vac sealer that does wet (not liquid) items is worth looking at.

Anyone tried the vacpak elite?

tp://vacupack.ca/index.php/vacuum-sealer-home-style/vacupack-elite.html

I have the vacupac elite and it is not worth the money. It does not have the suction of a foodsaver unit. I sent it back to have it fixed and they returned it saying nothing was wrong. Don't buy it.

I'm looking a at $6,000 machine this year distributed out of Vancouver. Same make and model the lodge I stay at in Nootka has had for years. Does a great job and can do full salmon fillets if you want to go that big. 4 mil bags too

I have had a vacupac elite for a few years and I consider it superior to the 2 foodsavers I previously owned. Would be nice to have the roll and a cutter in the machine though. I'm sure I didn't pay anywhere near the current price.

Has anyone googled the VP215 that sale price is less then $100 off other companies in the US. Sure some do sell for more but most sellers in the US are about $1000. Most of them ship for less as well. Free shipping to the US and $300-$400 to Canada what a joke. Italian made now made in china there's another complete joke. But since they are made in china we can sell them cheaper. Like get real......

I bought the VacMaster VP 320 a year ago and can't be happier. I went through 5 or 6 foodsavers until I finally said fack it and spent the money. Myself and my buddies used it a **** load last summer and it never skipped a beat. Never an overheating issue, even after using it steady for an hour at a time. Moisture is not a problem, in fact we dip our fillets in water first before sealing to cut down on freezer burn even more. They are definately no faster than the cheap ones but should be the last one you ever buy.

Has anyone googled the VP215 that sale price is less then $100 off other companies in the US. Sure some do sell for more but most sellers in the US are about $1000. Most of them ship for less as well. Free shipping to the US and $300-$400 to Canada what a joke. Italian made now made in china there's another complete joke. But since they are made in china we can sell them cheaper. Like get real......

Just bought it well ordered it for my wife's 94 year old grandfather. He paid and I will help him use it. Ill end up paying for taxes and what not, he definitely won't use it how I would use it to give it a proper review but I may just go to Costco for the hell of it and buy meat and have at er. I really liked the big one FA talked about . My bud in the food industry said you can find them at auctions all the time. Big commercial ones.

I don't see that the made in China comments having any merit what so ever. This isn't 20 years ago lol. I have taken the cover off my machine and checked the whole thing out. It is a very stout piece of kit that is very well made. My understanding is they used to be made in Italy. IMO I would rather have something made in a modern Chinese factory than and old Italian one lol.

I'm not going to get into it anymore with these threads. I did my part. It is up to the consumer for sure. I have zero regrets with my purchase and I have full faith in the product. Parts are available in North America if needed. I have not read anything on three fishing forums about the machine that had any major problems that you would actually have to ship it to China lol.

If your scared to buy Chinese that is your problem. If you want a product that is well built and will last a long time buy the VP215 (its not like it hasn't been around for a while). If you want to read other sites like some that were posted about warranty duration and them obviously pushing another product that costs 3 times as much, then that is your decision.

I will continue to bag product with a great machine. That is all that matters to me.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Sculpin and High Five are so right. Don't worry that it's made in China. I bought the VacMaster VP320 a year ago and it's an amazing machine. Myself and buds used it tons last summer and it never skipped a beat. Like Sculpin said I dug into it a bit and it's unreal how heavy duty all the parts are. My last piece of junk external type sealer that was made in Italy and I paid $550 for it so I thought it must be quality. It burnt out after a month. We were out fishing so I took it apart to try to fix it. I saw the little pump and could not believe it. The little piston about the size of your pinky fingernail was made out of plastic!!! I love the VacMaster so much I look forward to all the sealing at the end of the fishing day. Should be the last one I ever buy. Saved lots on the shipping, my mother happened to be in Arizona in a campground so I had it shipped to her for free from Missouri (Quality Matters-they are awesome) after it was paid for. Only was charged 100 bucks for GST at the border when she came home. Would recommend VacMaster to anyone.

Sculpin and High Five are so right. Don't worry that it's made in China. I bought the VacMaster VP320 a year ago and it's an amazing machine. Myself and buds used it tons last summer and it never skipped a beat. Like Sculpin said I dug into it a bit and it's unreal how heavy duty all the parts are. My last piece of junk external type sealer that was made in Italy and I paid $550 for it so I thought it must be quality. It burnt out after a month. We were out fishing so I took it apart to try to fix it. I saw the little pump and could not believe it. The little piston about the size of your pinky fingernail was made out of plastic!!! I love the VacMaster so much I look forward to all the sealing at the end of the fishing day. Should be the last one I ever buy. Saved lots on the shipping, my mother happened to be in Arizona in a campground so I had it shipped to her for free from Missouri (Quality Matters-they are awesome) after it was paid for. Only was charged 100 bucks for GST at the border when she came home. Would recommend VacMaster to anyone.

Yup like sculpin said its not like it was 20 years ago but at the same time some stuff is crap it is still sometimes hit and miss. My kids and nephew ordered 50 mophie chargers 2 were junk and fell apart. Look at the china crab nets the mesh rusts out so fast but yet stainless steel. Agreed they are much much better then before but nobody is perfect and with the billions of products stuffs bound to happen but thats with every company manufacturing stuff. I had a Volvo SUV not made in china. I bought $1200 extended warranty on the used car paid 50k used lol was 55k of warranty work done in 2 years
Once that warranty expired I got rid of it. With the companies is china it's who you know for qaulity control you can't just get something made and expect it to be the best . Lots of stuff is made cheap like fishing swivels the same ones made in Korea are much much thicker and better. So really in the end it much better then before but also still gotta be carefull.

Ok, one last post lol. If you want made in Canada then build one yourself. I forgot about this link and found it in my favourites.

http://www.fishyfish.com/bobbruce/vacuum_bagger.html

I know FA is pretty handy so I'm sure he could build one. They look pretty cool. If I had the time I would try to build one myself. I still might someday.

Birdsnest............your welcome ha ha. I know you could make a go of it.

Cheers,
Sculpin

That's great Sculpin. I already know where to buy the pump.

Would be great to build one large enough for a fillet.

Now your onto something there. The box is really how big you make it. I just don't have the time to try it. It would be really cool to see one in person after it's built. Go for it man!

you might have something there, I'd like one on wheels and maybe with drawers for supplies. I'm gonna do a search for a busch pump. not a bush pump geez

Attachments

• sealer.jpg
    sealer.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 442
Yup.......

If it holds reg. size fillets etc... and was a fare price why wouldn't guys buy one.

If you search that website I posted last page they have every you need to build one.

Back