Catch of the Day

im nooby to bottom fishing but could someone possbily msg me or comment below on how to fish on bottom for rainbow trout like with power bait or wat ever much appriciate thank you all so much

I just did a quick search and this one explains it quite well > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsIOo8qd0RI
Just use floating eggs/bait on the hook, make sure the hook floats before you cast it out.

You need to take a camera for some pictures of these 20" fish you always catch!

I only take pics of my big fish!

CowichanSteelJan12012.jpg

3/fishflyguy89/QuamichanLakeBeauties5003.jpg[/IMG]

CowichanSteelJan12008.jpg

-KK

What and a 20" bow isnt a big fish? The two fish I got that were 20" were toppin the scales at 4 lbs.

CD871677-6EE3-4C4E-8991-BD130E5F6F7C-19970-000019D5529456D2.jpg

That guy was 21" and over 4 lbs on the scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: what a nice fish. Any you guys going to the elk lake derby this year? I wont be able to win. :p

kunni

Just jokin around. Thats a beauty! Might have to head out to kemp and give it a go soon!

Kunni-Ive never fished a lake derby before. Might have to think about it soon. Been having some success on larger fish the past few years!

-KK

I caught 3 beauties all over 20" the last week of December. Ive never had the kind of luck before then managed 3 beauties in 2 days haha.

If you head out this way let me know. Id be up for a day On the water. The boat launch is absolute crap and nothing but a giant mud pit.

Couldn't be worse then what the old Quennell Lake launch used to be like before they rebuilt it at the end of last summer.

Well if you dont have a 4x4 you cant put a boat in with a trailer. Its pretty bad when I get home and have mud all up the front of my boat

I tried Thetis for a few hours 12:00-2:30 - no bites.
Hit up Prospect 3:00-5:30 got bites but no hook ups.
SKUNKED :p

Nope but there are a few good spots to fish from shore. If your ever out this way let me know and I can show you around.
Thanks !

Disappointing on this end.... We see that you caught nada... Were you using your wedding bands? :D

thats one sweet rig you got there islander55, is it fully welded? :eek:

kunni

hit elk today, and saw some of the roughest water I have ever seen at elk. I was scared of going in, so I had to sit on the cold aluminum floor. No fish, chronis off the bottom. I really dont want to, but I might have to bite the bait as KK would say.

kunni

Try still fishing one bait rod and then keep trying different flies! Thats what I would do!

Might try the lake tomorrow.

-KK

Back