Canning small fish?

Clint r

Looking to can some small Kokanee in 125ml jars. Anybody doing these size jars? All I can find for info is 250ml and 500ml size directions and I'm looking for a more lunchbox friendly size. Is the processing time the same?

My canner instruction book says 90 minutes at 10 pounds. It make no mention of jar size.

Besides, I thought kokanee already came in cans......

Looking to can some small Kokanee in 125ml jars. Anybody doing these size jars? All I can find for info is 250ml and 500ml size directions and I'm looking for a more lunchbox friendly size. Is the processing time the same?
Yes the processing time is the same-vent for 5 to 7 minutes weight on -then start your timing when the pressure is at 10 lbs and the weight starts to rock-depends on your canner of course but size of jars is immaterial it's the pressure and the 90 minutes at the pressure that you need.

just did some pinks, but I always do 100 minutes at 11psi.
Jar size makes no difference.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm at an altitude 1500 feet so process at 15lbs. Some recipes I've seen say 90 minutes and some others say 100 minutes? 2 drops of liquid smoke and 1/4 tsp salt per jar. Mmmmm good

Back