Canadian WILD SALMON ALLIANCE Society: GAME ON!

Little Hawk

Howdy All,

I am pleased to announce to all of you that the Canadian WILD SALMON ALLIANCE Society now has a bank account and a safe destination for funding donations for the important activities of our organization. As I've previously mentioned to many of you, the CWSAS is now an officially Incorporated (non-profit) Society here in BC with 5 sitting Directors: Terry Anderson (Victoria, BC), Roy Carver (Victoria, BC), Tom Gray (Fanny Bay, BC), Jerry Oetting (Victoria, BC), Mitch Anderson (Victoria, BC). Our Society # is: S-54917

Our Webmaster - Karen Jones - is busy setting up a Pay Pal link on the website but as she is very busy with work & family, this may take a few days. So for now, and because time is of the essence with the Provincial Election nearly upon us, I'm encouraging each and every one of you join me as we take up the charge and drum up as much funding as we can from all the good people who can help fuel this vital cause. Feel free to forward this email to others you may know who may have a vested interest in the welfare of Pacific Salmon and who may be in a position to contribute. Since I've began this fund-raising effort my heart has been warmed more than once by emails from concerned people wanting to help; like the single-mom on a limited income who's offered $100.00 towards the cause. The strength of CWSAS is built on the backs of good people like her.

Initially, our objective is to raise as much advertising revenue as we can to get our message out to the BC Electorate about Campbell's complicity in the salmon-farming industry as well as his selling-out of (giving away) BC's fish-bearing rivers & streams. The AD material we have ready for publication should accomplish this in spades.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for donation information or if you have any questions.
(Terry Anderson: 250 818-6494 or by email: silversaw@telus.net)

I have set a goal of 2-weeks or less to raise a minimum of $25 to $30,000.00 for advertising expenses with any remaining funds to be secured for future Society initiatives furthering the cause and welfare of Wild Pacific Salmon. I'll be hitting the bricks here on the South Island (Victoria area) to drum up commercial support from tackle-shops and manufacturers as well as Charter-boat operators, Boat sales/service centers etc. If you think about it for a minute, the list of people/companies/organizations that have a vested interest in the welfare of Pacific Salmon - is as long as your arm.

Ladies & Gentlemen; the Game is ON!
Please help if you can.

Standing for Wild Salmon,

Terry Anderson

Any F/N's sitting on this board?

Take only what you need.

No there isn't, regardless that I've tried more than once.
I haven't given up yet. I've got tentative plans to meet with some Squamish Nation people I know as well.

If you are interested, PM me.

Cheers,
Terry

Howdy,

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW WHO MAY BE WILLING TO DONATE TO THE WSA CAUSE, WE NOW HAVE 'PAY-PAL' LINKED TO OUR WEBSITE (WILDSALMONALLIANCE.CA)

IF ANY OF YOU WISH TO HELP US OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO USE 'PAY-PAL', PLEASE EMAIL ME (WITH YOUR NAME AND HOME ADDRESS) AND I'LL HAPPILY EMAIL YOU A COPY OF OUR DONOR ADVICE.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Terry Anderson

I want to thank Little Hawk for putting this together. Its important to remember that regardless of your political stripes, we all need to agree that Fish Farms are hurting Wild Salmon. Between the Fish Farms issue and the Independant Power Projects, this government has failed its constituents. We are being sold out for the almighty dollar and unless we stand up, Wild Salmon will be a thing of the past. I encourage all who read this to get the facts and on May 12 vote for the party that you believe will work to provide real fishing oppurtunities for your children and beyond.
I have read on this site and others that hard core Liberal supporters are not supporting them this time around, and although they are holding their noses while they vote, they are not supporting this government on May 12. Its time to send a message that government has to be accountable to the electorate and that arrogance, denial, and the willingness to make decisions disregarding the rule of constitutional law, and more importantly denying the wishes of those who put you in power will not be tolerated. On May 12, vote for your children to have real fishing opportunities. Cheers, I.I.

Howdy,
Here is what standing up for Wild Salmon and against Fish Farms and Run of River Projects looks like from my front yard!
Cheers, I.I.
[i
IMG_2237.jpg
mg][/img]

Hi fellow anglers and others I am writing to you all today to help
Terry and Myself get this ad compain going I have joined the fight with Terry as a director as I have fished many year up near these fish farms and have seen first hand what bad the bring.
The ad Terry has reletlessly made is very very good and a bit of humor to it but we need your help as the election is near and NOW is the time to help he has gotten donations from people so far that are not even into fishing but see the destruction it has created.

He has told me he has gotten a $100 from a single mother who is passonate about the WSA fight and she isnt even a fisherperson!!!!!.

Every little bit helps so If we all donate a small amount. When we do get this ad in the paper it will raise a few eyebrows and make people think about the election even more do we really want a liberal government in to kill what little we have left this just isnt for fish farms the big picture is also sportfishing,and that includes this halibut battle the more we are heard the better.

Whats 20 to 100 bucks to donate we spend way more than that on "other" things I challenge you all to donate to this cause if all of us chip in a bit look at the unity we have created and then the governement will see dont **** of them westcoast fisherman!!!!!!!!

CMON guy lets do this !!!!!

Thanks

Roy Carver (wolf)

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Terry,

Is the WSA a group concerned with all aspects of preservation of wild salmon, or is it simply an anti fish farm group?

Terry,

Is the WSA a group concerned with all aspects of preservation of wild salmon, or is it simply an anti fish farm group?

"Is the WSA a group concerned with all aspects of preservation of wild salmon, or is it simply an anti fish farm group?"

Sockeye;

We are not preservationists, we are conservationists; there is a difference.

And yes, our organization is concerned about all issues that negatively impact Wild Pacific Salmon.

I don't think, given the magnitude of the problem, there is anything 'simple' about anti fish-farming groups.

Hope this answers your question.

"Is the WSA a group concerned with all aspects of preservation of wild salmon, or is it simply an anti fish farm group?"

Sockeye;

We are not preservationists, we are conservationists; there is a difference.

And yes, our organization is concerned about all issues that negatively impact Wild Pacific Salmon.

I don't think, given the magnitude of the problem, there is anything 'simple' about anti fish-farming groups.

Hope this answers your question.

Hi,
I urge everyone to get involved and consider making a donation to the WSA so we can get our message out and hopefully get a change of government. The more than 60,000 members of CUPE BC understand whats at stake and I came back from the 46th Annual CUPE BC Convention with a pledge of $500.00 to the Canadian Wild Salmon Alliance Society.
You are either FOR wild Salmon, or you are for Fish Farms. I am proud to be a director for this non profit Society and I believe the time has come to stand up to protect our resource. It's time to send a message to government that we will not sit back and let them destroy our Wild Salmon. I urge everyone to step up and make a donation so we can get our message out. Time is running out for WIld Salmon.....

Cheers, Jerry Oetting, Canadian Wild Salmon Alliance

Howdy,

The Election is getting near and our fundraising is going, well... okay at best, thanks to good people like Jerry and a few others who - like myself - are working hard to see this AD Material published on time.

Indeed, since the WSA was born on this Forum, it feels more at home here when I try - within the limits of my capacity - to communicate to my fellow 'Sporties'. You guy's/gals are somewhat more tolerant of my and my big-mouth here than on other Forums. I thank you all for that.

To give you that care to read some insight of what it's like (how difficult it is) trying to win the favor/support of the sport-fishing community for a particular cause, here's a post from the FishBC Forum I thought I'd share.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Sedge for taking the time to reply.
Sorry I took a bit, I've been busy with family, work, the WSA... and my English classes!

Hopefully the day is near that my fellow 'Sporties' will have their fill flogging-me and perhaps accept me for what I truly am: ONE PISSED-OFF SPORT-FISHERMAN WHOSE FINALLY REACHED THE END OF HIS PATIENCE AND TOLERANCE AND ABILITY TO PEN KIND AND THOUGHTFUL SOFTLY SPOKEN NICETIES AIMED AT GENTLY NUDGING MY COMPLETELY INEPT AND UNCARING GOVERNMENT TOWARDS SAVING SOMETHING SO PRECIOUS TO ME THAT I WANT TO DO WHAT I CAN TO ENSURE IT WILL STILL BE THERE FOR MY KIDS AND YOURS.

In the year and a half that I've tried to organize BC's sport-fisherman - with great support & encouragement early on at least - I've learned a thing or two about the fabric from which our community is woven.

- we are a disjointed bunch with a wide range of priorities and opinions; nearly impossible to rally around a single cause.
- we are often critical of each other which, again, makes unification/cooperation more difficult, if not impossible.
- we are all too often passive in nature; we b!tch and complain then fail to stand-up and fight for what is near and dear to us.

I fear many of us have been lulled into believing that our Government(s) Fisheries Bureaucrat's will finally 'see-the-light' and suddenly re-prioritize the welfare of Pacific Salmon and critical fish-habitat.

HOGWASH!

Clearly, as I've stated many times, the Campbell government - with his unbridled support of the net-pen fish-farming business and his more recent 'Rape-of-River' Private Power scam - has demonstrated a complete disregard for Wild Salmon and precious fish-habitat.

In my view, what Gordy needs is a 'good-one' up the side of the head; a well-placed WAKE-UP CALL designed to remind him and his Government just how important Wild Salmon and fish-habitat are to the people and critters that call this wonderful Province home.

I truly believe the AD Material that we - the WSA - have pre-approved for publication in both the Times Colonist and the Vancouver Sun will accomplish this - in spades.

As the Election is near upon us, I only hope more of you will see the imperative as we have, and find it in your hearts to help us out for the good of Sport-fishing in BC.

Respectfully,
Terry Anderson

Wild Salmon Alliance

Howdy,

Have some not-so-good news to share with you today.

The BCWF has joined the likes of the S.F.I., BC Outdoors Magazine, Scotty Manufacturing, Oak Bay Marine Group, and others on the side-lines as they have refused to help the WSA bring this AD initiative to fruition.

This is a terrible blow to this campaign designed to highlight Gordon Campbell's dismissal of the vital importance of Pacific Salmon to the people and critters of our fair Province, before the Election.

The fact that few of my fellow 'sport-fishermen' and basically none of the Charter Operators have chimed-in with support for this initiative has been weighing on me big-time, but this, the bowing-out of the 'Mother-organization' of all BC fishermen & hunters, this really hurts...

It is said that: "Success is measured by how high you bounce after you hit bottom."

I hope the ground is hard
and that the WSA is made of good-rubber.

Here is my reply to Mel Arnold's rejection letter.

Howdy Mel,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my request, few have bothered.

I am lost for words to describe how disappointed I am that the BCWF will join so many others on the sidelines for this one.

I know the BCWF does much good for the hunters & fishermen of our fair Province. That is precisely why I was confident 'the Fed' would join us to take the Bull-by-the-horns and help us send this one into the belly of the Liberal Party. Yet as several of us (WSA people) have been working feverishly to bring this AD Initiative to fruition before May 12th, it may all be for not as we now cannot count on the vital support of neither the BCWF, nor the SFI, nor the likes of BC Outdoors Magazine.

It seems clearer to me now, that when it comes to 'rallying the troops' for a politically motivated initiative, designed to deliver a telling-blow to a much deserved adversary, protocol, political-correctness, timidity and fear-of-reprisal all combine to work against those of us who would stand fearlessly and jab the bastards with our fishing-rods.

Mel, my Brother in Conservation, I fear - short of a miracle - that the news you have sent today could very well sink this initiative.

Thanks for your time and trouble.

Standing for Wild Salmon,
Terry Anderson

Wild Salmon Alliance

Terry,

Ever consider that maybe they do not agree with you or your approach?

Howdy,

Just a quick update on the fundraiser for the AD placement.

Looks like we've made what we need to get the TC Ad done.

We are still a long ways off from the approx. $5-K we need to get it in the Sun.

As I mentioned before, this AD material will bring Gordon Campbell's face front & center in the fish-farming scam to somewhere around 750,000 voters before May 12th.

Thanks to those who could see through the politics - and my less than perfect capacity to conduct things - and help out with this.

If any of you are still on the fence on this or waiting for the 'last-minute' to donate to this cause, THE LAST MINUTE HAS ARRIVED.

IF YOU CAN FIND IT IN YOUR HEART TO HELP US OUT WITH THIS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE PAY-PAL DONATION ROUTE AS IT TAKES ABOUT FIVE-DAYS FOR THEM TO RELEASE THE FUNDS AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT. PLEASE DO IT THROUGH YOUR BANK AS A TRANSFER TO THE CWSAS CREDIT UNION ACCOUNT.

If you have any questions or need account info to send a gift, please email me.

Thanks again to all those who've helped with this.

Terry Anderson

silversaw@telus.net

Back