Campbell River/ Tahsis Fishing Report

R

Rumrunner

I have been busy guiding both the Campbell River waters and west coast waters on the north end of Nootka Island out of Tahsis.

Campbell River -
The fishing has been hot with record runs of salmon coming down Johnstone Straights. Big Chinook and Coho are starting to show up at all favorite locations above the narrows. Pinks are still coming in big numbers along with a few Sockeye. There have been reports of a few Chum starting to show. This fishery will continue into later September with the Sockeye slowing down shortly and the Chum fishery starting up.

Tahsis/ Esperanza Inlet
Welcome to paradise! Chinook and Coho fishing is starting to peak. Chinook are averaging 25lbs and upward with largest to date at 47lbs and they are all chrome! Coho have been averaging 5-7lbs with the northerns starting to appear and scaling in at 15lbs. We are averaging 20 to 30 hookups per 5 to 6 hours of fishing. When the bite comes on, look out, I can't get the gear down fast enough and we are fishing in 40ft of water. These babies can really make the reels scream! Bottom fishing for halibut, snapper and ling cod has also been very productive with hali's ranging from mid 30's to 80lbs and lings and snappers in the teens.

If you require more information about these fisheries, please give me a call or e-mail, and I will be happy to assist.

Yours truly,
Mark Watson (Rumrunner) www.westernanglers.ca
250-286-1433 home
250-201-0025 cell

Back