Campbell River Reports 2014

IMG-20141211-00958.jpgWell the storms finally mellowed out for a couple days and after paddling for 15 minutes to get out of the marina, I managed to avoid the floatilla of wood out there and catch some bugs and a shaker on thursday. Have to put the traps away in a couple weeks and really concentrate on the winters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of wood in the water just out from the lighthouse yesterday. Big stuff mixed in with small stuff.
Even with aluminum, I was going dead slow.
Better in the ebb tide when returning.

been trying to get out the last 2 days too windy,I did see a couple of boats out today by Pacific Playgrounds

you should see some boats our if the weather is good,fishing can be good

I hear ya about the wind. Got out yesterday, so rough my puller struggled getting my two traps up. Time to put the traps away and find some salmon. Any ideas where to look?

Thanks for the tip. Had one to the boat in half an hour today. Thats as far as I got it, lost it beside the boat. 195 ft of cable in 185 ft of water on a UV Glow Nogs needle with a dummy flasher. Had another hard unclipping but no one was there. Nice way to break in the rod and reel I bought this morning.

Back