Cabo San Lucas

morganic

I'm down in Cabo for the week and here the fishing gas been great for yellowtail Dorado and the odd Marlin being taken. Any one on here fished down here before and no of a good charter. I'd be solo so may try to look for a shared one to save some dough but have to get out for a day regardless
Thanks mo

If you’re looking to share maybe put your name in at some of the bigger outfits Red Rum or Pisces fleets as they have more traffic.
I have been with Renegade Mike, Dreamweaver and Go Deep and had world class trips on all of them plus been on many others which were just ok. Some friends were on the Viviana on Sunday and had a super trip with 5 species.

Just don’t give a deposit to those coyotes cruising the marina. Only make your booking in an office or kiosk or your $$$ will be gone and you won’t be going fishing

It’s been a banner year so enjoy

staying at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, going to hook up with a few from bamfield!!

Fishing has been fantastic, best I've seen in years.

Have not put much time into Marlin fishing, been targeting Dorado and Roosters mostly. All light tackle spinning gear. Hooked up to a dorado on a 6ft trout rod tossing a buzz bomb last week, insane fun.

If you can bring down a light spin rod, there are almost always Dorado that follow when your hooked up. Chuck some iron in the water when they get close to the boat and you will almost always get hooked up.

Heard that the YellowFin have been plentiful, with some solid Yellowtail thrown in.

The company's that Tofinofish mentioned are all great operations, you will have success with all of them as they all bust their asses to catch fish

No boat rides!

Have a blast, looking forward to hearing about how it goes.

staying at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, going to hook up with a few from bamfield!!
I can see that place from my deck. I fish out of La Playita in SJD in pangas for $300 us or less for a 6 hr trip, way less than in Cabo.......FYI.

Our neighbors group of 3 went out of Palmilla beach just out of San Jose and paid $225 USD for a 6 hr trip aboard a 28 ft cruiser
2 Dorados and 4 Yellow fin tunas.....that's a great deal!

So got out today on a panga this morning at 6 am. Flying solo I got on the water with a cool Captain named Josh who spoke decent English and could relate. Dropped lines on the Pacific side of Cabo and was surprised to see him running hootchies. Was only 20 min in when we had a hit and boated a 15 lb Dorado into the cooler. Was stoked. Trolled the area a lil more and without action went out a lil further offshore and put out live ball. Had some action and I managed to set the hook on a nice fish and landed another Dorado about 20lbs. Kept circling the area looking for another hook up and one of the rods went off. We hooked a Sailfish that had to be a good 5ft. It jumped twice and I was trying my best to keep up. After 5 min. It spat the hook and my dream fish was gone. We trolled for a while longer but had no more action. Got into the dock and the wife was there waiting and we took to Capt Tony's for a cook up. They cooked it up in 4 different styles and all we're delicious. Overall it was a great day and I learned the only thing I hate more than losing a nice spring is losing a dream sailfish. Total cost was 165 US for a five hour charter on a Panga and a tip to the captain who was a cool guy and worked hard to get into fish. Hats off to Victor Moreno for hooking me up with a good Captain.
Will be back next year to catch that elusive sailfish or a Marlin and tick it of the bucket list
Capt Mo

Last edited:
Sounds like water temps are more normal and fishing better than last year with the cold water. I still have 10 weeks to wait...

My neighbor got a tuna just over 100 lbs just of the Arcos yesterday. 2.5 hr fight

Back