Cabo bound

Fixit

headed to Mexico for a 4 day offshore trip at the start of October- on el wahoo loco
I've got a new two speed lever drag (12) metaloid , an 8000 size spinning reel and a friend is taking care of all the poppers wahoo bombs, sail fishing gear etc

What else should I be taking?
We're targeting sailfish, tuna and wahoo

Anyone else done a similar trip?

good luck with the weather, taking a bit of a chance at this time of the year. it is hurricane season down there until nov. one headed that way right now I believe.

good luck with the weather, taking a bit of a chance at this time of the year. it is hurricane season down there until nov. one headed that way right now I believe.
October and November are great times to fish there. Most of the tournaments are held then

That storm has already been downgraded.

headed to Mexico for a 4 day offshore trip at the start of October- on el wahoo loco
I've got a new two speed lever drag (12) metaloid , an 8000 size spinning reel and a friend is taking care of all the poppers wahoo bombs, sail fishing gear etc

What else should I be taking?
We're targeting sailfish, tuna and wahoo

Anyone else done a similar trip?

Are you guided or doing it yourself?? If doing it yourself from a boat you want some Magnum rapalas and some large X-raps. That storm is west bound and downgraded. Good fishing right now but a little humid and you might still catch a hurricane into October. Fingers crossed. Good Luck

Most charter boats down there have quality equipment. You really don't need to bring your own gear. There have been some stories on another forum, about something about not being able to put their reels in checked baggage. Think they only allow reels without line on them.

He is coming with me on a long range trip out of mag bay. We will be hitting the ridge for Wahoo, and tuna predominantly. Lots of stripe marlin out there as well. The boat has okish gear so everyone is bringing down a live bait setup and casting/popping rods. I have a whole set of trill gear. We will be offshore for almost 4 days fishing one of the most remote places in mex.

Typing on a cell phone is a pain. Anyways we will keep everyone updated on the trip. My brother and our two girlfriends chartered the boat last December and had a blast. The boat is actually a 52' delta that came from the Canadian Princess fleet in uky. Anyways tonnes of fun.

OMG!!! That looks awesome. I looked it up online & man you are in for a treat! The only thing I know I would bring is some Shimano Flat fall jigs. They are incredible & you wont tier out fishing them all day like you would a butterfly jig.
Waterwolf2230 knows his **** about these jigs & would be able to shed some light.

Most charter boats down there have quality equipment. You really don't need to bring your own gear. There have been some stories on another forum, about something about not being able to put their reels in checked baggage. Think they only allow reels without line on them.
I believe reels will be allowed with line. I've taken my Penn International 2 speeds down to Cabo for the past 4 years as a carry-on without any issues. I've check my rods in an airline approved case, but the reels I keep with me....trust no one. Sounds like a great trip!! Get some Scope patches from your physician for the rough seas.

Mag Bay, fishing Mecca!

Have a great trip!

I'll be in the Cabo area starting the 23rd of this month till the NY.

If anyone is in the area let me know. Always willing to help out with any details or info needed.

Cheers

Mag Bay, fishing Mecca!

Have a great trip!

I'll be in the Cabo area starting the 23rd of this month till the NY.

If anyone is in the area let me know. Always willing to help out with any details or info needed.

Cheers
Yes, I'll be in San Jose just to the north if anyone is looking for info as well.

Will be back in SAN Jose Del Cabo March 2020 , I know not the best time for fishing but looking for day charter recomendations, prefer Del Cabo marina but will consider downtown SAN Lucas as well...

Will be back in SAN Jose Del Cabo March 2020 , I know not the best time for fishing but looking for day charter recomendations, prefer Del Cabo marina but will consider downtown SAN Lucas as well...
I’ve had done great fishing in March in SJD before as I’ve fished there a lot.

E mail Eric at Gordo Banks charters and ask to fish with Tony or Chamie

will be down end of october fishing 5 days on a close friends 65 donzie flybridge. Will be almost exclusvley fishing the kite for YFT

adanac,

Look forward to hearing how you do on your trip. I'm headed down early November for the month, will be fishing n the Tuna YFT Jackpot on the 7th and 8th, hoping there are big boys around.

Good luck.

Back